Today Luderick at Woolwich with Broometime 7/102016

blackfish angler

Fished today at Woolwich with Col / Bob and myself for Luderick . Day was slow I got one, Col ( Broometime ) got 3 . He also got the biggest . Bob got a bream on blackfish weed . When it became to hot we pulled the plug and the fish went off the bite also so off to home . Broometime two big fish in the photos 38cm and 40 cm . top fish .

post-39887-0-40351100-1475810045_thumb.jpg

post-39887-0-00867300-1475810067_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackfish angler

They're so fat, it looks like they've been pumped up with a bike pump!!

Glad you guys are catching some Blackfish, I fished 5 different locations in the harbour from Tuesday to Thursday and couldn't manage 1 fish.

I was so frustrated I took the tiny out on the Hawkesbury today.....same story unfortunately.......the kids reckon I'm cursed.

I'm going to give it another go tomorrow before I go back to work on Monday.

Blackfish seem slow all round, there haven't been to many reports this week.

Anyways, nice work in getting a few in the bag.

Jed38 there is still heaps to be had mate it just being there at the right time and having the weed and fishing the right tides also we had only missed once in getting fish .All the fish we have been getting have been good fish and all fat as ever all 35cm to 40cm .A few in the bigger size 43cm / 44cm/ 46 cm . but have been smashed by fish in the 48cm to 50cm that you can not stop .

Edited by blackfish angler

Mate all the fish we have been getting have been in top shape fat as ever .

To be honest mate I have seen no discernible difference from this year to previous years. What I have noticed is an increase in numbers of fish in all size classes since they stopped commercial netting in Botany Bay and Sydney Harbour. 1995 saw three of us tally up 507 fish in six trips! I took a week off work! 2013 Xmas saw us tally near on 400 in two weeks off the rocks with four of us fishing! Disclaimer - only bag limits were kept and rest released as soon as landed. We just kept a tally out of interest. So the quality and numbers are nothing new. Just an FYI for those just getting into this great art!

To be honest mate I have seen no discernible difference from this year to previous years. What I have noticed is an increase in numbers of fish in all size classes since they stopped commercial netting in Botany Bay and Sydney Harbour. 1995 saw three of us tally up 507 fish in six trips! I took a week off work! 2013 Xmas saw us tally near on 400 in two weeks off the rocks with four of us fishing! Disclaimer - only bag limits were kept and rest released as soon as landed. We just kept a tally out of interest. So the quality and numbers are nothing new. Just an FYI for those just getting into this great art!

Mate it is 2016 maybe in 1995 507 fish but today you are lucky to get 300. I think today it is harder to get fish in big numbers .