Apple Bay & Bobbin Head safe to eat?

Fishfish2310

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong section. Anyway, just wondering if the fish from apple Bay or bobbin head are safe to eat? Looking at heading out there this weekend.

Also, as a complete newbie to fishing, do prawns work well in those type of waters? I like using cooked prawns and have had some success in other areas.

Firstly this topic would be better suited to Fishing Chat - use Fishing Reports after your trip to post how you went, what worked, what didn't etc.

That said, yes fish from that area should be fine to eat. That is part of the Hawkesbury system and I get plenty of fish from there. The only dietary advice in the region that I am aware of is for Sydney Harbour. http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational/fishing-skills/fishing-in-sydney-harbour

Also would suggest you post over in fishing chat more on where you are going, how you will be fishing (boat or landbased) and what type of fish you would like to catch. Other raiders may be able to give you some tips on spots, baits and rigs to try.