Fishing ROD_ Help

Newaz

Hello raiders, 

Raiders here has always been helpful out of the box. Now, wondering if anyone could put in some suggestions on a multi purpose rod for surf fishing and spinning as well in the beach. I already have a 12ft surf rod which is a bit heavy; not ideal for spinning out there. I have shimano beastmaster bx 15ft rod in my mind, is it ideal for this purpose? 

Can you guys suggest me a light weight 14-15ft 2 piece rod which I can use for surf idle fishing and spinning as well to cast further. I am mainly targeting salmon tailor kingi bonito. Looking forward. Appreciate your help. 

Newaz :)

Edited by Newaz

Newaz asked for dual purpose rod - bait and lures. While 10 foot might be optimal for lure casting -  it might be too short for bait casting (depending on the fishing area). I usually fish baits off beach with 14'  as 12' is too short for me.

So, I would get 2 rods for separate purpose if I wanted to enjoy the process of fishing

Also, AU Shimano Beastmaster rod is advertised as a glass rod  and 15' will give a good exercise with regular casting. 

5 hours ago, savit said:

Newaz asked for dual purpose rod - bait and lures. While 10 foot might be optimal for lure casting -  it might be too short for bait casting (depending on the fishing area). I usually fish baits off beach with 14'  as 12' is too short for me.

So, I would get 2 rods for separate purpose if I wanted to enjoy the process of fishing

Also, AU Shimano Beastmaster rod is advertised as a glass rod  and 15' will give a good exercise with regular casting. 

Thanks. Which 14ft rod are you using? 

My dual rods for both spinning and casting baits are 10ft, this size can also work well off the rocks. Shimano Tiralejo and jigging master shore game 9'8 both have heaps of power for the big beach species.

Seen some good bargains on the Daiwa sensor  lately.

Jon

Edited by JonD

5 hours ago, #Maverick said:

Have a look at the Penn Prevail rod

Good quality rod and has a large range of different sizes available

It is also a 2 piece for easy transport

Its a very good quality, light weight rod for both surf and spinning. I have it in my list. thanks mate

3 hours ago, Newaz said:

Thanks. Which 14ft rod are you using? . 

Korean SFC rod for 6 oz.

If you tend to fish in one place - check if surf condition allow shorter rod.

Penn Prevail rods have good reputation while there was a number of complaints on forums that Daiwa Sensor casting weight ratings are 'a bit' ovetrstated.

17 minutes ago, savit said:

Korean SFC rod for 6 oz.

Penn Prevail rods have good reputation while there was a number of complaints on forums that Daiwa Sensor casting weight ratings are 'a bit' ovetrstated.

thanks savit.

14 hours ago, savit said:

Korean SFC rod for 6 oz.

I couldn't find Korean sfc rod over hear. where did you buy it from and price please? Changed my mind on shimano beast master as I already have a shimano aerowave fibre glass 12ft rod..btw which is better fibre glass or graphite..there are a bit of argument..

7 hours ago, Newaz said:

I couldn't find Korean sfc rod over hear. where did you buy it from and price please? Changed my mind on shimano beast master as I already have a shimano aerowave fibre glass 12ft rod..btw which is better fibre glass or graphite..there are a bit of argument..

I bought one privately.  I presume this brand can be found in the tackle shops in  Asian parts of the Sydney.

Graphite is more lure-friendly, glass is more rock-friendly. I prefer composite rods (mix of glass and graphite)  - they are not fragile on the rocks like graphite and not heavy or slow like glass rods.

Edited by savit
missed a few words.

2 hours ago, savit said:

I bought one privately.  I presume this brand can be found in the tackle shops in  Asian parts of the Sydney.

Graphite is more lure-friendly, glass is more rock-friendly. I prefer composite rods (mix of glass and graphite)  - they are not fragile on the rocks and not heavy or slow like glass rods.

Thanks mate