Sydeney Harbour And Surrounds 22/10/05

Captain Pugwash

Sat morning,

the rains gone, the wind has dropped and out we go.

Have two fine deckies on board, fellow raider Weasel and his big brother Dave. Decided to have a troll today as the last time we did that was about 8 months ago when Weasel was last on board and he caught a nice little yellowfin that day! So, we set the spread, turned left at the heads and headed to Bluefish. Rounded the corner at Bluefish without a touch then headed to Fairy Bower at Manly. We were cruising past the surfers when the call comes that we have a hookup! You bewdy! Big Davy grabs the rod and the line is peeling off. The surfers are cheering and we are nervously watching Dave because there's a lot of line out and the water's not that deep. After a fine 5 minute tussle Dave brings a nice little King alongside and into the net he goes! :thumbup::thumbup: The rapala CD 9 has done the trick. He's just under legal, so a quick photo and back he goes. The camera's still on the boat, I'll post it tomorrow.

Back to the troll for another pass from Fairy Bower back to Bluefish for nothing and back again to Fairy Bower. There are heaps of fish on the sounder so we pull in the lures and anchor up. Heaps of bites and no fish when finally Dollface comes up tight on what turns out to be a bloody lovely leatherjacket. That's half our dinner secured. :yahoo:

Decided to move over to Bluefish and anchor up. The swell was a pain in the rump but we berleyed up anyway and then it started. There are three dead keen fishermen on board plus the infamous Dollface. Can you guess what happened? She started pulling in handsome trevors like they were on sale while we three stood there like shags on a rock. After she and she alone had caught enough for the next few night's dinner's we started throwing them back ( for her ) and eventually they slowed down and we boys used the swell as an excuse to come back inside.

Stopped at Quarrantine for a try but we were inundated with little pickers, rock cod, wrasse, etc. Did get on to a couple of bite size yakkas so we headed for Middle Harbour to chase a King. When we got there our little spot was occupied and the rain had started so we headed for home.

At least we added to this season's kingfish tally which now stands at 3. Kept the livies in a keeper net so we can get straight into them tomorrow!

Now I get to cook some fish while my darling reminds who "brought home the bacon" yet again!

Cheers

Petepost-325-1130571689_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Pugwash

Guest bluecod

Another enjoyable day out Pete - before long you'll have the kingies sussed out completely :thumbup:

You gotta work out what Dollface is doing differently - your weekend beat-up can't continue :biggrin2::wife:

Thought that was you at Quarantine when we were coming back in from Browns, but with the way the two storms were approaching we were heading back to the ramp in a hurry to keep dry, otherwise we would have run over for a :1gathering:

So tell me Captain, have you blooded the Okuma yet??

Great report as always mate.

Byron

Apologies Byron,

I'm been meaning to get back to you. That reel is fantastic. I've got it on one of my rackraiders and they are a great match. Haven't had a King on it yet but it handles the big trevors beautifully. As other reels give out I'll definitely be replacing them with Okuma's.

Thanks again

Cheers

Pete