Clifton Goes Off

lurespinner

hey guys

went down to clifton at around 11 2day

guys there were catching a few yakkas and little trevs when i got there

i stuck with soft plastics but no hits at all :1badmood:

the big trevs moved in around 1 o clock and also one of the guys caught a big tailor on a livie :1yikes:

i eventually switched to unweighted pilly fillets and got 1 trev that was around 45cm :yahoo:

had to leave as i had work :thumbdown: but they were still biting when i left

hope u had a good day too guys

cheers

Tom

I will tack on my clifton gardens fishing report to this one, hope you don't mind.

Headed down arriving around 4pm friday arvo, there where about 10 guys down there.

My plan was to go for tailor, so tied on a set of 4 ganged hooks and shortly thereafter a pillie was sailing through the air.

It was pretty quiet until around 5, then i had a good hit and a good tailor was on . Unfortunately it pulled the hooks just near the wharf.

I changed rigs to a float and put on a fresh pillie. Hurled it out but must have launched it too hard as the float and pillie parted with the line hmmmm.

5 mins later i was back to the old rig, just a 4 ganged hook set unweighted. As i was tying it on i saw my float rig dissapear below the surface and then it resurfaced. Damn.

Through out a pillie right near the float and instantly i got slammed by something really big. Unfortunately i didn't set the hook.

Things quietened down for about 1/2 an hour and then zzzz i was on. I landed a tailor to 45cm.

I kept at it till 8pm had a few more touches but no hook ups.

Aaron

when did he get the kingie?

1 guy there said he got a little one early in the morning, and apparently there were some harrassing the baitfish in the berley trail :1yikes:

he landed one yesterday... if the guy talking to you is a lebo tht's gotta be my friend