Appletree Bay.

Richie

A big fat zero for me this morning at ATB. No biggie though as it was a scouting mission.

I got there at 5.00am at low tide so I could spy out any likely looking structure I could hit on another day when the tide was high. I found enough to make today worthwhile. Geez there was a thick fog aound though.

Anyway, during my wander (I made it around to the next bay along the path) I spied some monster bream. Casting 1/16 was splashing enough to spook the fish so I changed down to 1/22. Now I could cast to these leviathans. All was well until I started to retrieve, it would scare the larger fish away! Didn't matter what retrieve I tried, or what sp I used.

I left at 9.30 as I promised SWMBO I'd be home at 10.

Atomic Avocado 2" fat grubs got a really good reaction from the smaller bream. Watermelon 2" and 3" power minnows aroused the leatherjackets as well. Anything with a red or brown tinge got a cool reception. Has anyone else noticed that a 1/16 is not enough to get a squidgy paddletail or grub to work on the drop?

I need to work on my technique - are there any sp fisho's going out next saturday or sunday to ATB, Figtree or anywhere else Northside (as long as they can tell me how to get there... I only know ATB and FTB) and wouldn't mind a curious onlooker?

Cheers guy's,

Richie.

Richie,

I have been fishing Apple Tree from my boat a bit lately. I have found that 2inch Power Hawgs in Watermelon are producing the best results fishing on a 1/22 jig head.

Also, try going down in leader size to 5lb clear as the water around there tends to be very clear. I have found anywere you can find large submerged rocks just off the shore produces the best results.

Burnsy

A big fat zero for me this morning at ATB. No biggie though as it was a scouting mission.

I got there at 5.00am at low tide so I could spy out any likely looking structure I could hit on another day when the tide was high. I found enough to make today worthwhile. Geez there was a thick fog aound though.

Anyway, during my wander (I made it around to the next bay along the path) I spied some monster bream. Casting 1/16 was splashing enough to spook the fish so I changed down to 1/22. Now I could cast to these leviathans. All was well until I started to retrieve, it would scare the larger fish away! Didn't matter what retrieve I tried, or what sp I used.

I left at 9.30 as I promised SWMBO I'd be home at 10.

Atomic Avocado 2" fat grubs got a really good reaction from the smaller bream. Watermelon 2" and 3" power minnows aroused the leatherjackets as well. Anything with a red or brown tinge got a cool reception. Has anyone else noticed that a 1/16 is not enough to get a squidgy paddletail or grub to work on the drop?

I need to work on my technique - are there any sp fisho's going out next saturday or sunday to ATB, Figtree or anywhere else Northside (as long as they can tell me how to get there... I only know ATB and FTB) and wouldn't mind a curious onlooker?

Cheers guy's,

Richie.