Prawning

frankS

Me and Stewart (a non member mate ) went down to a small lake just north of Jervis Bay and got ourselves approx. 6kg of beautiful prawns. 
Walked up and down the shore flicking plastics, started targeting Longtom but soon realised I was wasting my time so I downgraded to 4 lb and picked up a couple of nice plate sized Flounder. It was then time to pack up the rods and start prawning. It started off slow as it was run in tide and only picked up a few here and there,

Stuart was feeling disappointed and I told him just wait till the tide changes and starts running out, sure enough true to my word when the tide started running out they came on. as I said we managed approx. 6 kg and I'm sure if my skills had not dwindled over the years we could have got a lot more, still very pleased with the results and will be going down there again.

Frank

Noel. To my knowledge the bag limit is 10ltrs per person, when they are really running hot its not hard to get big quantities quickly.

One thing I did learn last night and that is next time I am going to get a pilot light ( probably one of those $2 solar garden lights from Bunnings ) and put with my gear so I can easily find my way back to buckets seats and any extras I take that is not in the water with me, last night I went to someone elses gear by mistake. Easy to get disorientated.

Frank