Can this be used for Luderick Fishing

happypaintball

Hi Raiders,

I was given my Grandfathers Fly rod which my father had for years after he passed but as I am the one interested in fishing he passed it onto me. My Uncle tried to buy it off me as he is a fly fisherman but also stated that it could be used for Black fish. My question is can I use it for Black fish and what line etc do you recommend setting it up with.

It's a Slazenger genuine tubular fiberglass rod approx 2.7 meters long whippy as hell and never been used. It's  in really good condition and I would love to catch something on it I think would be pretty cool

thanks for any info or recommendations

cheers

IMG_8326.JPG

IMG_8328.JPG

IMG_8329.JPG

You could at a pinch but honestly put it up on the wall- old gear like that can be pretty fragile and if it has sentimental value for you then dont take the risk of it breaking. Modern gear is lighter,stronger and more versatile. The length is probabaly a bit short for a "proper blackfish rod". 

3 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

You could at a pinch but honestly put it up on the wall- old gear like that can be pretty fragile and if it has sentimental value for you then dont take the risk of it breaking. Modern gear is lighter,stronger and more versatile. The length is probabaly a bit short for a "proper blackfish rod". 

That being said, a lot of luderick fishos are big fans of the vintage gear. 

I don't know if it's quite the best length for blackfishing, I use a 10'6" and others use longer. Can't hurt to give it a go if it's in good condition!
Cheers,

Wellzy

4 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

Thanks mate appreciate the advice I wasn't sure as I have another rod for Black fish but just thought it would be cool if I could use it 

cheers