Samurai Reaction 201/70

foolforjesus

Hey Raiders,

I'm looking at purchasing a second hand older generation Samurai Reaction 201/70 rod. (7ft one piece 2-6lb)

I was wondering if anyone has owned this generation, and also the current generation, and how they compare.

Is it worth the extra money for the current rod, or save quite a bit, and get the older generation.

Cheers, Chris

Don't know if this helps, but I have 3 of the original Samurais. a 101, a 201 and a 203. I reckon the 201 is the most versatile of the 3 and is a great hardbody and lightly weighted plastics rod. Over time the soft touch reel seats went sticky on all 3 but a vigorous rub with a metho soaked rag fixed that problem. They are all lovely rods to fish with being both sensitive and light. I have had a look at the new generation rods and am more than happy to keep using what I have.

On 10/03/2017 at 4:14 PM, Green Hornet said:

Don't know if this helps, but I have 3 of the original Samurais. a 101, a 201 and a 203. I reckon the 201 is the most versatile of the 3 and is a great hardbody and lightly weighted plastics rod. Over time the soft touch reel seats went sticky on all 3 but a vigorous rub with a metho soaked rag fixed that problem. They are all lovely rods to fish with being both sensitive and light. I have had a look at the new generation rods and am more than happy to keep using what I have.

Hi Mate, thanks for the reply.

I actually had a look at the original 201 over the weekend, and I was very surprised...Not a very fast action rod at all.

I have a Luvias 4-8lb 7ft rod, which is miles faster.

Maybe the 101 is the fastest?

Yeah they're not a really fast taper, but when using bream size hardbodies you'll pull a lot less hooks on a slower actioned rod.

The 101's action is about the same but its a lighter rod, better suited to say 2kg line and a 1000 size reel.

20 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Yeah they're not a really fast taper, but when using bream size hardbodies you'll pull a lot less hooks on a slower actioned rod.

The 101's action is about the same but its a lighter rod, better suited to say 2kg line and a 1000 size reel.

Ok Mate, thanks for the info.