Luderick tips and spots?

Snoopy43

Hey all, just wondering if anyone wanted to share a few productive spots or any tips for catching luderick? Been meaning to get into blackfishing for ages, and any tips would be welcome. I see heaps of them around that channel at narrabeen lakes along the wall where it opens up to the beach, but the current always seems to be running to hard. Is that a problem? Any tips or spots or anything welcome by DM if you prefer.

Thanks heaps

Start with Narabeen lake, There is plenty of weed of different types on the ocean rocks close by. Also read the tips and tricks on this site, not sure of the link, but they are as good as any. 

You don't need to fish in the fast running channel in Narabeen lake if you fish west of the bridge there are pleny of smaller slow moving channels where there are still blackfish.

Regards  Matt. 

The current at the wall slows down/changes 4 times per 24h with some delay after the ocean tide change, though the window of opportunity will be small. Check what you can collect from the ocean rocks near the channel as there is a zone with some restrictions.

16 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

Hey all, just wondering if anyone wanted to share a few productive spots or any tips for catching luderick? Been meaning to get into blackfishing for ages, and any tips would be welcome. I see heaps of them around that channel at narrabeen lakes along the wall where it opens up to the beach, but the current always seems to be running to hard. Is that a problem? Any tips or spots or anything welcome by DM if you prefer.

Thanks heaps

If you're based around Manly you could do worse than walk around and fish the south facing North Harbour rock shelves near the aquarium and further around near Fairlight pool. Burger's suggestion about "Best Ever Tips" is spot on. Also, YouTube is your friend. Search on Luderick Sydney and you'll find hours of helpful instruction.

Edited by drc2076

Thanks heaps to everyone that's replied, 

3 hours ago, drc2076 said:

If you're based around Manly you could do worse than walk around and fish the south facing North Harbour rock shelves near the aquarium and further around near Fairlight pool. Burger's suggestion about "Best Ever Tips" is spot on. Also, YouTube is your friend. Search on Luderick Sydney and you'll find hours of helpful instruction.

Do you mean the rocks around the way from the aquarium away from the wharf? If so is there a ready supply of weed that way? Cheers

31 minutes ago, Snoopy43 said:

Do you mean the rocks around the way from the aquarium away from the wharf? If so is there a ready supply of weed that way? Cheers

Yes. Just follow the walking path around towards Fairlight and you will see a few safe and easily accessible rock shelves. Not much in the way of weed there that I've observed but I haven't really looked. I'm time poor so I normally stock up on weed and cabbage from the beaches to the north a day or so in advance so that I can have my bait and burley pre-made and ready to use when I arrive.

52 minutes ago, Snoopy43 said:

I should also add that if you get stuck finding weed you shouldn't discount the humble loaf of cheap white bread as both bait and burley. Luderick will happily take it along with drummer, bream, leather jackets and pretty much anything else in the area.