Manly Dam/Carp fishing

barkley28

Morning Raiders, 

Me and a couple of pals are heading to Manly Dam at the weekend and was just after some information on the water and the fish that are in there 

We are targeting Carp with the usual corn, bread and burly up tactics. 

Has anyone fished it recently with any luck? And has anyone got any tips and tricks that could hopefully get us a few bites? 

Apart from manly dam does anyone know of any other waters in and around Sydney that hold decent Carp? 

Thanks in advance 

Hi,

I haven't fished Manly dam for a long time but I used to get carp there and bass and redfin. Also read somewhere that at one stage it was even stocked with trout.

We used sweet corn with some success. A few lines out about 3 or 4 kernels on a hook and then let the carp do the work.

Looking forward to hearing your report.

Regards,

Derek

Thanks Chaps! I'll post an update Sunday evening with how I got on! 

We might give Lake Parramatta ago instead now as apparently holds more fish, also heard Mona Park in Auburn has got Carp in there also?

If if anyone has any info that'd be great! 

I have hear

On 17/08/2017 at 2:01 PM, barkley28 said:

Thanks Chaps! I'll post an update Sunday evening with how I got on! 

We might give Lake Parramatta ago instead now as apparently holds more fish, also heard Mona Park in Auburn has got Carp in there also?

If if anyone has any info that'd be great! 

I have also heard that duck river through mona park has carp but have never given it a go myself