Fishing towards October

JacobyBream

Hi Guys, new to Fishraider and thought id start with a question.

I am in close proximity to Middle Harbour and love fishing with soft plastics. Cracked my first bream on a plastic the other day in Willoughby Bay at Low Tide. Boy that was a rush, to get one finally. But i'm just wondering, does anyone have any insight into how to fish landbased this time of year as i want to use these holidays to get as much fishing in. I am landbased :( I haven't tried it but i've heard that in the summer Roseville upstream fires but i think i'll wait for it to warm up more before i head up there. So if anyone has any advice on where the fish are at the moment and how to hit em ( Tides for example), it would be greatly appreciated. I've heard that Long Bay fires in Spring so gonna give that a go soon.

photo (6).JPG

Edited by JacobyBream

Landbased fisho here. In my opinion the landbased options are really starting to get up and going again after the winter. Anywhere where you can access a drop off or channels going up onto flats etc. is great, and you're likely to pick up some nice flathead around this time. Not sure about spots at your exact location, but  whiting have started to pop up in the rivers and along channels etc in the harbour/Lane Cove River etc., so im sure you could find some in middle harbour, although they're mostly small at this time and not worth targeting if you want to take anything legal home for dinner. Also in these areas, the bream are starting to head back in from more open waters, and while they're not plentiful yet, im sure you can pick up a few if you find them. 

Overall, spring is pretty good fishing in the harbour and esturaries. It's not really the best time for any particular species, but you're well in with a shot on a great mixed bag, as the winter tailor, trevs and salmon start to be replaced by big flatties, bream and whiting.