Custom rod with saltiga 4500h?

Mutch22

Hey guys long time reader but just signed up, 

im in abit of a pickle I'm looking for a rod for purely popping and stick baiting for kings off the rocks I  was looking into the daiwa saltiga dorado metre over 8'3  from videos and reviews it looked perfect for what I want but unfortunately it's discontinued from what I have seen. I'm thinking about getting a custom rod made  max length 9'6 I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas of some great rods or if anyone has any experience with custom rods and how they are? 

Im pretty keen on a running saltiga 4500h with 50lb braid and max 80lb leader cheers guys any help would be much appreciated it's racking my brain!

cheers mitch

Saltist and demon bloods from daiwa are ok and have models to suit what your looking for i think.

any medium gt rod should be ok, you have plenty to choose from.

ive been using gipang 72h with z4500, mainly use on boat but it casts pretty good for a 7'2 rod.

rated to 37kg but very light and im not willing to run more than about 6-7kg of drag (which is alot if youve tested drag on scales) through it so for me i like the 4500 reel instead of the 6500 (not willing to put more drag so extra weight of larger reel is a waste)

enjoy the tackle hunt mate, its a great part of the journey lol.ee.

3 minutes ago, Hooked-Up said:

Saltist and demon bloods from daiwa are ok and have models to suit what your looking for i think.

any medium gt rod should be ok, you have plenty to choose from.

ive been using gipang 72h with z4500, mainly use on boat but it casts pretty good for a 7'2 rod.

rated to 37kg but very light and im not willing to run more than about 6-7kg of drag (which is alot if youve tested drag on scales) through it so for me i like the 4500 reel instead of the 6500 (not willing to put more drag so extra weight of larger reel is a waste)

enjoy the tackle hunt mate, its a great part of the journey lol.ee.

It casts these 90 and 120 gram stickbaits awesomely lol.

IMG_3494.JPG

Hey bud! 

I have a daiwa saltist hyper already it's a good strong rod but I want something a little more finesse I do like to use it for live baiting!  

Ok I'll suss them out there is so much it gets confusing the amount of rods there is hahha,i did have a jigging master surface assassin 8'3 paired with a Catalina 5000h it was a great rod for what I wanted to do tho I wish it would cast abit more further! But I had to sell that combo a while ago due to  changing jobs ?

Thanks for the reply and I'll look into these rods! Thanks mate 

I have been doing my research, had anyone had any experience with carpenter blue chaser 8'6  60g-140g? 

I know now they are a high end rod but I have to buy it online and I can't get a feel of it before I purchase it ? Has anyone had or used carpenter rods before ? Any fees back would be hugely appreciated thanks guys!