best battery for electric motor

daniel ogden

Hi everybody, so i have an electric motor that requires a 12v 100ah deep cycle battery. What is the best battery in between $200-$275. I appreciate any help as this has been quite a confusing topic for me to attempt to learn. So if anyone runs a battery that meets the critera please let me know how yours goes or which one i should purchase. Once again thakyou in advance for any help.

Daniel.

Personally I’d go for a 120ah and don’t skimp on quality and deep cycle is a must. You should be able to pick up a half decent 100ah in the higher end of that price range maybe closer to $300. Look at a Ritar RA12-100SD. Just my 2 cents.  Cheers!

The best battery (as you asked for)   in your price bracket, in my view is the lead acid Trojan 100ah deep cycle. It would have a code/ model number though which you need to look up. I use the same battery for my 55lb electric. Mine has lasted 5 years of hard use so far. Still going. 

I use Trojan deep cycle for other industrial applications as well and they are my first choice.