Soft plastics advice

Psycho fisho

Not sure about snook, but for tailor, I’d recommend 3 or 4” zmans as their tails wont come off as easily because of the tailors sharp teeth, jighead wise, try use the lightest possible jighead that would get you to the bottom so the action is as natural as possible, anything from 1/4th to maybe a 1/2, depending on drift speed, current etc. 

Tailor are surface fish however, so you may have more luck with metals or small shallow diving hardbodies 

I’m sure there are plenty of other people who can supply you with more insightful info.

best of luck 

jacob 

Edited by flattiefisher27

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Funnily enough, most of the tailor I've caught have been a bi-catch of bream fishing, as I was pulling the lure back up to cast it again. I have caught many of them on my usual bream lures, squidgy wrigglers and zman grubz with 1/16 or 1/24 jigheads.

Guest Guest123456789

5 inch pearl man jerk shads on 1/4 to 3/8. but as derek mentioned they'll bite through a few, you are better of using metals or slow retrieve an unweighted pilchard/garfish.

where are you fishing? where I'm at the prime tailor season has passed.

Personally on the east side would not waste my cash on plastics for tailor as they happily hit metals. Once I have a tail bitten off a few times I go to metal...

That being said I understand west coast tailor can be much larger and may be a little more fussy...

I would ditch the plastics for Tailor, just end up being an expensive outing with lots of dead plastics.  Metals, hard bodies and poppers would be the go.  Tailor can be a load of fun on poppers.

can't comment on Snook, not something I have ever caught.

Cheers

Windy