Lake Mac Spa Bath

Grantm

Hit the lake for a sess today. Geez it can be a tough place to fish at times. Got a wet ass early on but kept plugging away as you do.

Managed 4 Bream, two undersize and two over 30cm, a nice flattie on hb and another decent Long Tom.

Bream were taken cruising the flats and also over some weed beds on me fav Gulp.

Reason I say Spa Bath is that parts of the lake were 30 degrees and not just in the outlets, Wyee Bay to be precise . One of the Bream was dead set hot to touch taken from here, but what is normally a good flattie spot returned zero, could be too hot ?

Happy with the Bream cause they can be tough here, but dissapointed in the flatties which I was hoping to smash but couldnt find.

Funny bit.

Nearly caught a BIG Leatherjacket on a lure with it actually touching it. How ? It followed it all the way up and when it came to the top i just dangled the lure on the surface. The LJ just stayed with it sussing it out while on the surface. I reached for the net while still dangling the lure, put the net in, and just as i was about to swipe it dived dowm. Just missed.

Anyhow a top day out as i also had a newbie on board who caught his first Tailor on lure.

Cheers

:thumbup::thumbup:

Good to hear you got a few Grant. :thumbup:

I did it pretty hard on Saturday morning with a big donut from Swan Bay. At least the bit of rain kept the masses away. I have to agree with the water temperature though, it was nice wading in shorts.

Shane

:1fishing1:

30 degrees already... geez that's hot. Does it get hotter later in summer?

Geez i hope not Kevvie, im thinking even that is too hot but im going to keep working this area over summer so ill keep you posted. 30 deg water temp is damn high.

Hey Jethro good luck in the comp, im hitting the Flathead pro at month end for a bit of fun. Just from my experience there are some good Bream that hold over the weed beds. Ive been working gulps just over the top of weed beds and seem to go ok with this tactic. Can be bloody hard to find Bream here as you know but i seem to manage a few doing this. Ive actually being working the lure pretty quick on a 1/8 jig which is heavy i know but they just smash it. Dunno if the faster retrieve invokes a strike or not but it works for me. Havent spent much time doing this and will try lighter tactics this summer. Hope you smash em mate. :thumbup: