Worth Getting Cold And Wet!

Guest Jewel

Yet another slow week at work saw me with bugger all to do but go fishing! :05:

Unfortunately the weather was pretty ordinary on Friday, but what the hell its not like daytime TV is worth staying warm and dry for anyway. :frozen:

So off to Grays point ramp and into the briney I go with intentions of dragging a few bream out...... the wind was a little too brutal where I wanted to fish for the light jigs so a change of plans was in order. So 4" BMs and 1/4oz heads were the chosen weapons to do battle with a few flatties. :04:

I was just about to call it quits after a few little buggers which were all psycotic, (how I didnt get spiked I dont know) The reason for this became apparent later! :1Lighten:

Tap, bang, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and the little Team Daiwa is screaming!! The beastie is pulling off line at will and making some cracking headshaking runs! After some 5-10 minutes of to and fro this beautiful creature becomes visible at the side of the boat, and wasnt she pissed!!! :mad3:

Sorry about the lousy pic but the batteries were dead in the digi so I had to use the phone!

She went 73 cm and almost 3kg (a real fattie!!) even still the fight she put up was of a far bigger fish (as with the little buggers earlier). It wasnt till I had swam and released her and was having a smoke in celabration that I noticed the water temp on the sounder 24.5C! :1yikes: BRING ON SUMMER!!! : :yahoo:

I tried another spot down river for some nice tailor and a royal smoking by a snag that shook its head a couple of times then ran like hell before destroying the 6lb leader :thumbdown:

All up a nice session despite the weather, just goes to show If your not out there you are not going to catch em!!!!

Edited by Jewel

Guest fishrunner

Glad you went after all, :biggrin2:

Well done on the pb mick :thumbup:

Damn that boat looks alright, ahh and so does the flatty.

May they be in the mood tomorrow for a bit of fun :1worthy:

cheers :beersmile:

keeeeeeeeeevie,

name the time and the place and im there mate...

cheers stevo the devo hehe

Not this weekend... next. I took my boat in for warrenty work found a leak coming through the transom.. spewin. Otherwise i would have made it this weekend.

Not this weekend... next. I took my boat in for warrenty work found a leak coming through the transom.. spewin. Otherwise i would have made it this weekend.

damn aye..

im busy this weekend but next fiday i fly out to QLD for 2 weeks im bak 1st week in dec so hopefully we can hava go at those flatties be4 xmas comes.....

cheers steve