Georges River 5/11

vipernut

Had planed on hitting Maianbar saturday arvo,until just after lunch when father in law rang to ask if i wanted to go in the boat with him and :wife: Uncle,so of course i said yes.

We hit the river about 430pm and after a short trip to our spot X,the lines went out.We had tried the same spot a week earliar with the :wife: uncle landing all the decent fish,while myself and father in law came home with big fat doughnuts.So we were hoping for a better result this time and we wernt dissapointed.

The next few hours up to about 930pm saw us land a good number of fish and made sure that we all came home with a feed of fish.

We ended up bringing home between us-2 jewies,60cm and 75cm.

-4 whiting,all very nice size and very well fed.

-6 Bream

It was a top afternoon out on the water and we now know that Spot X fishes better on a falling tide.

Stephen

P.s All fish were caught on worm baits

Edited by stephen.h

nice bag of fish there stephen :thumbup:

its great when you finally work the prime time for fishing your favourite spot, as i did during the week at my fave jewie spot :smoke:

you should consider setting a larger bait to target those jewies considering you got em on the worms, you may just come across a big bugger.

good fishing to you.

nice bag of fish there stephen :thumbup:

its great when you finally work the prime time for fishing your favourite spot, as i did during the week at my fave jewie spot :smoke:

you should consider setting a larger bait to target those jewies considering you got em on the worms, you may just come across a big bugger.

good fishing to you.

Congrats on the great catch

I fished the Georges on Sat as well. Started around Como bridge. Moved to a quick drop at Jewfish point, then for a few drifts at Towra and finished by fishing the deep hole at Captain Cooks bridge on the first of the run out.

Baits were a mixture of fresh prawns, pillies and live worms. I fished the bottom and drifted baits down the current in a burly trail.

All I got to show for my efforts were a few undersize tailor at CC bridge, biggest was about 25cms.

Plenty of other boats around me were pretty quiet as well, I didn't see a decent fish landed.

Guess you have to be at the right place at the right time etc.

Anyway ws still nice to be out on the water.