Fishing around ulladulla/mollymook?

noobfisher80

Hi all. I decided to take up fishing over the summer break around Ulladulla,  Mollymook, Narrawalle.

Looking to start off with just a basic hand reel and have some fun with it. Was wondering if anyone knew of some good spots around these areas that would be suitable with a hand reel?

Cheers

You are limiting yourself with a hand reel but it is how a lot of fisherman started out in the good old days and it is a direct style  of fishing... possibly a good way to learn the basics of bait presentation and when to strike etc.

Perhaps try the wharf in Ulladulla harbour for yellowtail and bream. Narrawallee inlet is worth a shot for whiting and flathead.

6 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

You are limiting yourself with a hand reel but it is how a lot of fisherman started out in the good old days and it is a direct style  of fishing... possibly a good way to learn the basics of bait presentation and when to strike etc.

Perhaps try the wharf in Ulladulla harbour for yellowtail and bream. Narrawallee inlet is worth a shot for whiting and flathead.

I thought I'd start off with a hand reel and see if I like it. See a lot of tourists going out with the latest gear and probably never use it ever again. If I can get into it with just  a hand reel and get consistent with fishing then I'll move up to a proper rod.

Edited by noobfisher80

• 3 months later...