Land based Sydney harbor

Miketheangler

Headed out to a wharf in the harbour to target kings. As usual missed my 4am alarm woke up at 5:30am left the house 6:00am so I was late for kings.

Got to the wharf and only seen 2 ppl fishing I was cheering. Unloaded all the gear and I was preparing bait. Two large kingfish swam past in the shallows and I was quick to throw a weightless pilchard cube at them. One swam up but mustve got spooked and swam away with his mate.

Didn't see any kings the rest of the day(still had the pillies and livies out). Picked up a few bream in the 20cm range alright fun. I was preparing bait for my next cast as I hear the sound of something hitting the edge of the wharf, I turn around to see my rod dangling and being pulled about to fall off the wharf. I was quick to pick it up and set the hook, something big I was excited. Took a few heavy weighted runs on 6lb gear. As I pulled it to the surface a big brown figure appeared.

A 64cm Flathead caught on a pea sized sinker weighted fresh prawn. Unfortuanetly he was gut hooked couldn't release him :(.

Fun breaking in the new Nasci 2500 on 6lb gear, I'm going to resort back to having 6lb braid on my sienna 2500 and gonna spool the nasci with 10lb braid, hopefully to catch a king next time ?

IMG_20180121_125741.jpg

Edited by Miketheangler