Hawkesbury 14/15-11

stevefish

After a late decision to go mon nite as well as tuesday the boat went in at brooklyn at about 9.30.

A little while later the first action of the night brings a 71cm jew, this is followed soon after by a 65cm model (c and r).

After a kip failed again at catching squid (near Palm in 3 to 5m) then to west head for livies at first light.

Livies were thin but a few largens came in then into pittwater for kings. i found 2 kings that were determined to beat each other to the bait but no more once i caught one of them. She went 65 tasty cms, don't they go harder with every centimetre!

Now, questions,

My first jew went 73cm since then i'm into double figures, there is always a big bait or 2 in the water, im at known jewie locations and i haven't been blown away but 73cm still stands.

Am i overdue?

Is there 10 to 15 or so small fish between biguns?

Whats the go for catching squid regularly?

Thanks raiders

Guest hottuna

Is there 10 to 15 or so small fish between biguns?

Or very close too, baits not only have to be big and appealing but also "super fresh". After 2 seasons ive only just got a big jew it went 40lb

Whats the go for catching squid regularly?

move around, try new locations that you`ve never caught squid at, you`ll be pleasantly surprised. In the last year ive found 5 new squid locations, the beauty of it is at least one is always protected from the wind. Ive found squid hate wind, and they also hate dirty water after a good rain. Scent you jig, i use kokoda prawn scent.

best of luck

dan

steve, i am in the same boat as you mate...only worse :thumbdown:

i have seriously spent the last 7 years trying to score my first big jew. I have no problems at all getting the school fish but to date my biggest is only 10 kgs. To say im frustrated is an understatement. i have had friends in my boat, on their boat, next to me on charters or just boats anchored next to me score fish over 50 pounds and it breaks my heart. I know im doing everything right but i think i may have a hoodoo on me or something...i feel your pain mate :depression:

one day....just maybe...

btw, ripper fish Dan, congrats on breaking your duck :thumbup: