Sydney's Top Fishing Spots

Ryder

Hi Raiders,

Sly old dog just scored again.IMG_2199.thumb.PNG.a5780189c034c7c273c7ea6f9755f678.PNG

Pre Internet, Pre Fishraider, this was the best guide to fishing Sydney and surrounds. It's has featured in this forum before. https://www.fishraider.com.au/topic/22152-sydneys-top-fishing-spots/

Published back in the 1990s by Modern Fishing, I had 1 back in the day, loaned it and lost it, the same happened to my 2nd copy.  The same has happened to my mates. So in the last year or so I've managed to snag a few copies, 1 for me, I for Trevor, 1 for Gus and now for Royce.

It's  still a really valuable resource, some things have changed, eg. Ferry Wharf, size and bag limits, but then some things stay the same. $10.

Love this book.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Yep, I’ve still got a dog eared, bait stained copy somewhere. 😎

Never lend it out no matter how dog eared and disgusting it may be. Your mates wife will throw it out. That's what happened to 1 of mine.

19 hours ago, connico said:

If it's out of print, can we PDF it?

I don't think it will float that long, and I don't want to get it wet.Haha

19 hours ago, savit said:

Great catch Ryder.

So , who was the author - James Cameron or David Lockwood, or there were 2 different books?

This is Lockwood, I can't find anything about Cameron

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Ranger said:

Lol Ryder.   I’m sitting here reviewing where we went on Sunday and planning next weeks fishing buy looking through my two favourite books.  My cover is nicer btw.  

image.jpg

Very nice, and the price $5.95 that must be an early version.

It's funny , GPS was still a weapons guidance system not available to the public.

Spots were identified by intersecting lines of sight.IMG_2204.thumb.JPG.6d413e614cb40dc18790ab160f0c2c03.JPGpppp

On 1/14/2019 at 11:51 PM, savit said:

Great catch Ryder.

So , who was the author - James Cameron or David Lockwood, or there were 2 different books?

Sorry Savit,

Now I have it, this copy is edited by James Cameron, my older one is edited by David Lockwood. They are the same book. The jewie is Cameron, the kingfish  Lockwood.  Maps and photos are a little better in the newer Cameron version but the text is the same.image.thumb.jpg.47f1469351fa031de241166f855e73a4.jpg

image.jpg

• Thanks 1