Broken Bay 21/11/05

Guest Boppa

Gday all

Launched at Akuna Bay at about 7.30 this morning

Headed to Flint and Steel for a drift back towards Juno but no joy as the wind wasn't in the mood to assist.

Headed back to the area off the beach at the fitness camp beach and JOY

Two lines went off and Two lizards in the boat one at 57 and the other just slightly smaller

Now according to my boat rules THE FIRST EDIBLE OR LEGAL FISH OPENS THE BAR

So now I had to force myself to have a :beersmile: and it was only 9am but Oh well rules are rules!!!!

Anyway stopped fishing at 11am for 9 lizards and 2 nice Flounder

Cheers

Boppa :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Edited by Boppa

TOP stuff mate, i have flatties for dinner tonight as well, just didnt start on the piss as early as you haha, but still craked one open about 30 mins ago. Have a good feed, how are you cookin the flatties? I wanted to try something different with mine tonight??? Any ideas?

Boppa that's a great mornings outing and a good feed of flathead with a bonus of flounder for good measure.

I fished the fitness camp two weeks ago for no result. I drifted the western end of the beach as tide and wind permitted.

The score card was a little different as we drifted Dark Corner back to Lion Island and only then we scored 3 flathead. None of them over the 45cm mark. Generally this area does a lot better for me than it did on the day. However we did ok in the mouth of the Hawkesbury on a drift. Drifting off the Starboard channel markers in water 10 feet deep to about 18 feet.

Do you regularly do Ok at Patonga drifting the length of the beach?

Cheers

Martin

I just got off the phone after speaking with the big fella and he's happy as Larry!!!

After speaking with Joe on the weekend and now Boppa, it gives you an idea just how much a day on the water and a few fish in the esky can make a man happy.

Well done boppa.

Nice one Boppa how was the weather it seems like there isnt much wind at all at the rocks and with overcast conditions it would have been great. I would have had a pre catch celebration myself :074:

Is that a bad thing?

Edited by Sharky

TOP stuff mate, i have flatties for dinner tonight as well, just didnt start on the piss as early as you haha, but still craked one open about 30 mins ago. Have a good feed, how are you cookin the flatties? I wanted to try something different with mine tonight??? Any ideas?

Mate tonight i'm having blackfish fillets.

Here's what i'll need;

Dry white wine

1 lime

1 garlic clove

about 100g of butter

olive oil

Marinate the fillets in slithers of garlic about 200mls of wine and the juice and rind of 1 lime for around half an hour in the fridge, turning the fillets once. Drain the marinade through a siev into a pot and bring to the boil, reduce without sending it brown, and lightly pan fry the fillets in some olive oil and place in a dish in the oven to keep them warm. cube the butter and place a couple of cubes in the boiling reduced liquid at a time whisking fast so as not to burn the butter, reduce the heat also, but most importantly do not burn the butter! you can start adding more of the butter at a time after a while and whisk in until its good and thick, pour over fish and serve with salad or green vegies.