Shakespeare Eagle Centrepin Reel Help

Koalaboi

Hi,

I have a Shakespeare Eagle Centrepin reel which has lost its ratchet assembly. I contacted the distributor and parts are no longer available so i'll have to get one engineered.

I was hoping that if any Fishraider has one still complete, they could send me a photo of the reel (without the spool) showing the set up of the ratchet mechanism, I'd be able to use it as a guide to making up a replacement part. If so, I'd be really (reely?) grateful.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi
spelling and punctuation
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, frankS said:

Which model is it ? I may be able to find an exploded view and make the part required, but impossible to do without the exact model.

Frank

It's the 2900 400 reel. I still have the circular spring but lack the knob to control it and the ratchet that connects with the cogs around the axis of the centrepin.

Thanks,

KB

Edited by Koalaboi

Thanks so much.

It's exactly the same set up as mine.

I'll get to an engineering firm nearby with my reel and the photos. Will take a whil but will let you know the outcome

Thanks again.

KB

Thanks macman,

A set of measures would be sensational. I'm a high school teacher and am thinking that maybe the metal works teacher at school may have some good ideas on making the part.

Thanks again,

KB