Outside Botany Bay 05/12/05

TunOFun

Decided to have a go at the kingies again today and Kikila joined me for the fun!

Meet up at the boat ramp at 5am and headed to the bait grounds to get a few yakkas.

After about half an hour we had about a dozen good sized yakkas, so we decide to head outside and see if we could locate the kings.

Headed along the rocks trolling 3 skirts, wasnt long before Kikila was into his first fish, a rat of about 55cm. Next pass saw all 3 rods go off and we landed 3 more rats. Decided they were on the chew so down graded to 2 rods ( a little easier to handle between 2 fishos) and got a couple more fish from the school, biggest going 59cm :mad3:

Decide to make a move to see if we could locate larger fish. Came across another school and managed to find 1 keeper (just over 60cm) on the troll. The fish went off the bite a bit, so down went the yakkas. Took a little while and Kikila nailed the first fish on live bait, still only a rat. Spent an hour or so catching a few more on yakkas and lost a few as well. With the yakkas deplenished, switched over to some squid. The kings were not fussy, landed another couple on squid before deciding to head back to the bay. Boated about 12 fish in all most between 55 and 59 cms with the one exception.

The bay was very flat by this time so went for a flatty spin. About 10 minutes in the wind changed direction and the southerly started blowing.

Called it a day with only one keeper, but still had plenty of fun :thumbup:

Kikila's camera was playing up so not sure if any of the photos turned out, we'll soon see.

Guest Sea Jay

Where about where you trolling if you dont mind me asking. Did they show up on the sounder first or did you just put the skirts min and hunt around??

Thanks for the day out Brett, I had a great time knocking over those little thugs :thumbup: It was a little disappointing the lack of size in the kings but the number of fish out there is very encouraging, once they have bulked up it should be hot to trot. :biggrin2: On a sour note while Brett and I were out there a couple of fisho’s caught a least 10 undersized kings and did not release 1 they were still catching them when Brett and I left. :1badmood::ranting2::ranting2: I will try to post some pics but the camera is playing silly buggers and wont go off movie mode :(

Edited by kikila

Well done fellas on the kingys..

seems as the bay still has ALOT of good days in it...

bring on those rats im keen to catch my 1st after reading all these success stories..

well done again fellas nd gud to see the raiders teaming up out there nd having a go..

cheers steve.... :1fishing1: