Wyong Creek 6/12

Jethro

Myself and Grantm hit Wyong Creek yeserday arvo. A nice warm steamy afternoon, not wind... It looked perfect. After all the rain I was expecting a bit more colour in the water but it was all good, my expectations were high and I was expecting to at least get a couple.

As we travelled along on the electric there was plenty of bait around (shrimp, mullet, herring) but a definate lack of bream. Didn't even see any on the snags or up in the shallows which was unusual for this time of year.

Grant was first on the board with a little chopper. Then I jagged a little herring on a HB then a little flattie on a hawg.... but still no bream.

We moved up the river a bit further where I got my first "bream bite". There was a bit activity up here and you could see a few bream feeding up in the shallows. I finally managed our first and only bream for the arvo... He was huge............. all 10cm of him :1prop: .... Grant finished of with another chopper and it was time to head home.

Still a great afternoon on the water and it was great to meet another member. We will have to get out and give them another shot soon mate..

Hey at least you got to go fishing and weather was good ,fish are the bonus and you met another raider :thumbup: doesnt get much better than that mate !!!!

Thanks for the outing Jethro,

Certainly a great afternoon and a good excuse to leave work early and good to meet a fellow FR.

With my current form on the creek ill take two choppers ! :1prop:

Although there was no breeze there is still a general westerly weather front, i reckon that shuts things down a bit too. After the southerly comes through it might pick up. The fish were certainly shut down.

Have to say I was very impressed with the Elegant. One of the best boats ive been in. Super strong and stable, and probably a lot more versatile than your Hornet's etc.

Looking forward to another session on 'The Creek' . :thumbup:

PS May need a six pack. :biggrin2:

Pity you didn't get more sizeable fish guys, but at least you had a go and had an ejoyable afternoon on the water.

Good to see you back Jethro. Been going in any of the comps lately?

Shane

:1fishing1:

Although there was no breeze there is still a general westerly weather front, i reckon that shuts things down a bit too. After the southerly comes through it might pick up. The fish were certainly shut down.

That's as good as excuse as any :1prop:

We will have to throw a few beers in next time if its any where near as warm as yesterday. One good thing about a quiet day is a couple of bags of ice and the live well doubles as an esky :thumbup:

We will get em next time..........

Pity you didn't get more sizeable fish guys, but at least you had a go and had an ejoyable afternoon on the water.

Good to see you back Jethro. Been going in any of the comps lately?

Shane

:1fishing1:

A couple of weeks in WA and it seems like I haven't had a chance to get on here for ages.

The last comp I fish was the Lake Macquarie Pro Bream...... another dismal effort ...... but it still beats working. Toying with the idea of doing a couple of teh summer session over the warmer months