Trailer rollers

Plantagenon

I've got a 2019 Quintrex Busta with a 30hp Suzuki on a standard Quintrex trailer that is made from 2" square alloy pipe.  It has the standard 4 x 6" rollers on it and a skid on both sides..

The only issue is keeping the boat straight when loading it onto the trailer by myself.  I have looked at a blue self cente roller for the back and will put one on.  That will help a bit but as the boat comes up onto the trailer past the back roller it moves a little out of alignment with the next roller which means leaving the winch and pushing the boat across a bit.

Would replacing all the rollers with self centre rollers help in keeping the boat straight as I load it?

I have looked at other posts regarding loading but they referred mainly to an ezi loader set up. I could bolt some on but I'm reluctant to drill through the small trailer frame to mount them.

Any advice appreciated.

The commonest boat retrieving error is to put trailer too far into the water so that boat floats off the roller.   If you have last roller positioned so the keel rests on it as you winch the boat up the boat will straighten itself as it comes up.  If boat is crooked just stop or slow down and it should come good.  Ron 

• Like 2