Clifton Gardens

KingsRule

Well finally a good day fishing:D

I Arrived at balmoral at about 5.15 this morning to be greeted by rain and lightning (and nobody else there:D) sadly 2 hrs of fishing with my friend resulted in only a few yakkas and 1 dropped tailor. We decided to move on to clifton gardens after walking 20mins or so we arrived to be greeted by some large boils (salmon) in the next hour all hell broke loose with large numbers of salmon and tailor busting up every where every few minutes. My friend dropped 2 and i landed 3 , the biggest went 42cm , not huge tailor but alot of fun on 10g twisty's. there must of been 10-15 boats in close trying for these fish but i only saw 1 hookup from 1 boat! :wacko:

floted a pillie cube down and wham, on to a king YOU BEAUT 30 seconds later....under the wharf she goes :05: i had to leave at about 11 but5 the action was still going.

finally my ideal fishing day on my birthday ..it cant get much better than that :biggrin2:

171134810578.12.055.JPG

Edited by KingsRule

Congrats mate , Thats a fine haul you have there and your Birthday to boot :yahoo: Shame the king got away would have made it even more memorable :1yikes:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Edited by Guest

Great effort there mate!!!

I have been down to CG a few times in the past. Sometimes there are schools of yellowtail sotimes tailor, soetime heaps of jackets - probably most often very quiet. It seems to be very heavily fished to you either get lucky with pelagics of get nothing.

You have inspired me to head down tomorrow night with a few of the lads. Warching the sun go down, the stars come out, all while soaking some baits - does it get any better?

Spanker