Building a lbg stick

Mizz

Mizz, Where are you located ?. I have a couple of L B G blanks here that you could have very cheap. I am at Berala if you want to come and discuss the matter further. I also have some reel seats and other stuff and might be able to give you some guidance on how to go about building a decent rod.

I am going to Adelaide from Fri to Tuesday this week but after that I will have some time. 

Frank

• Like 2

Where you fishing? Nth Coast an 8 ft rod is the way to go, if you are fishing JB and the sandstone then honestly a standard game rod will do the job-also a Talica 16 is probably a bit low on line capacity for 15kg mono. Jump onto Rodwerks (Adelaide rod building supplies ) and see what they have-they were the Calstar agent in Oz

• Like 1

15 hours ago, frankS said:

Mizz, Where are you located ?. I have a couple of L B G blanks here that you could have very cheap. I am at Berala if you want to come and discuss the matter further. I also have some reel seats and other stuff and might be able to give you some guidance on how to go about building a decent rod.

I am going to Adelaide from Fri to Tuesday this week but after that I will have some time. 

Frank

Hi frank, I’m on the central coast of nsw. 
just googled berala and learnt it’s in Sydney, so not far at all.

if you could pm me some more details ect that would be great.

thankyou 

dale

On 5/25/2021 at 7:20 PM, PaddyT said:

Where you fishing? Nth Coast an 8 ft rod is the way to go, if you are fishing JB and the sandstone then honestly a standard game rod will do the job-also a Talica 16 is probably a bit low on line capacity for 15kg mono. Jump onto Rodwerks (Adelaide rod building supplies ) and see what they have-they were the Calstar agent in Oz

I agree with Paddy. Up north an 8ft rod is the go and down on the JB ledges a standard game rod is fine. The Talica 16 is designed for 8kg line class (mono). If you put 15kg on it, you might be undergunned and probably spooled in no time. Back in the day,  most LBG fishos I knew used Penn International 30s for 20lb (10kg) class and 50s for 30lb (15kg) line class.

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1