New Rod

Aries

Hi Guy, Looking around at the moment for a new rod, getting sorted for the coming summer.

I have a Shimano Bait Runner reel and wanted to put it with a good stik. I am fishing from a boat off Sydney wanted to use it for floating baits maybe live baiting, and occasional casting here and there.

Currently chasing Jew and Snapper at the moment but also wanted to use for casting lures for Kingies instead of my 6kg bait caster.

I wanted to load it up with 10kg braid.

My question "what size" I was thinking around the 7 foot maybe Shimano Backbone Series (Snapper) Rod????? Any sugestions on size????? :nono::nono:

Aries,

go a 7ft for size. As for rods, I ended up buying a Wilson live fibre 6-8Kg stick for similar fishing. There is a 4-6Kg model aswell which would also be great for casting at kingies and salmon, very light rod and fast taper.

I haven't used the backbone series of rods but have seen them and they do seem abit heavy

Anglers world North rocks has a custom job which is also a great rod for this purpose. If interested let me know and I'll PM the details

Adam