Finally Caught A Kingie

carlin11

Hi YA all,John and I(Steve)Tried land based at South Avoca Rocks on Wednesday And after catching 5 or so livies the lil shits stared darting away from our rigs 5 seconds after the bait hit the water,We then noticed a shadow of a Kingfish,harrassing the livebait so we gave it a rest for a while and sat to wait for the buzz of the reels.There was plenty of Salmon and Bonitos being caught we could see them on the boil from the rocks for at least 2 hours in the morning,but we want the King.After cookin in the heat for a bit a guy fishin near us hooked a Kingfish and within 10 second of his landing John was on and so was I,Woooohhooo :yahoo: ..My first Kingfish ever caught I was over the moon..All day John cauht 2 Kingies all just undersize and a massive Stingray, and me 1 King undersize just too.All fish back in the ocean to be caught twice the size I hope,lucky too The Fisheries showed up to harrass the crowd and send a few unhappy fisherman home early with undersized and unlicensed.In all had a good day and Cheers to me my first Kingfish to hit dry land,now I want a legal one...Happy fishin all.... :1fishing1::thumbup:

Congrats RR,

It's hard work catching a king. Can I ask if you fished your livies under a float or weighted to a sinker?

You must be happy, Im yet to catch a kingie.

I fished Winney Bay last Saturday using squid strips under a float, nothing. My friend tim caught a trevally using pilchard pieces on a float but that was it for the day.

Good work

post-738-1136379430_thumb.jpg

Guest lbgking

Well done on your first king :1clap:

I got my first at Avoca as well and after 15 measures it only wnt 59.5cm.

Good to see the inspectors active at Avoca. There has been undersized fish coming off that platform daily and I doubt most fisho's there would have a licence let alone know the bag and size limits.

Hi YA all,John and I(Steve)Tried land based at South Avoca Rocks on Wednesday And after catching 5 or so livies the lil shits stared darting away from our rigs 5 seconds after the bait hit the water,We then noticed a shadow of a Kingfish,harrassing the livebait so we gave it a rest for a while and sat to wait for the buzz of the reels.There was plenty of Salmon and Bonitos being caught we could see them on the boil from the rocks for at least 2 hours in the morning,but we want the King.After cookin in the heat for a bit a guy fishin near us hooked a Kingfish and within 10 second of his landing John was on and so was I,Woooohhooo :yahoo: ..My first Kingfish ever caught I was over the moon..All day John cauht 2 Kingies all just undersize and a massive Stingray, and me 1 King undersize just too.All fish back in the ocean to be caught twice the size I hope,lucky too The Fisheries showed up to harrass the crowd and send a few unhappy fisherman home early with undersized and unlicensed.In all had a good day and Cheers to me my first Kingfish to hit dry land,now I want a legal one...Happy fishin all.... :1fishing1::thumbup:

:1welcomeani: yeha...

the livies get shreddet from the smaler ones :harhar: . if you can try spinning on 20 pound braid black and 65g

silver spinner with red eye. trust me they all yours...at least legal size and over and take it easy ..not to fast cranking and variable speed :fisher: while the bonito takes just blue lures at the moment or other shit like pillies..

cheers tom

well done on your king mate.. and well done for letting it go. As lbgking said it is a notorious spot undersize fish being kept and it is with great pleasure that you tell us the inspectors were there doing what we pay them to do..