Hope these people are caught

mrsswordfisherman

I was told that one of the reasons they were banned from Sydney harbour was due to them doing something similar to fairy penguins. Never actually had this verified but I trust the person that told me this.

Then there were these muppets using the jetskis to wash away the osprey's nest several years ago here in NSW.

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/4231159/photos-authorities-act-over-destruction-of-ospreys-nest-by-jet-skis/

It seems to be a given that many jetski enthusiasts are inherently abounding with larrikin, left field behaviour. Such a shame really. Used in the right context they can provide great access to fishing and recreational endeavour. Pity that the idiots, among jetski users, ruin the reputation of those who use them with consideration to others using the waterways.

Goes without saying that these loonies need to be taken out of circulation, they are obviously not capable of "normal" behaviour.

bn

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing this Donna - hard to believe the irresponsible behaviour of some who have complete disregard for the magnificence of the environment. It would be great to find out if there was any outcome for their selfish actions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Thanks for sharing this Donna - hard to believe the irresponsible behaviour of some who have complete disregard for the magnificence of the environment. It would be great to find out if there was any outcome for their selfish actions.

Thanks @Pickles this needs to be posted widely so they are caught. I am fairly sure they will be. I will find out and report back here. 

• Like 1

These people clearly are idiots - who should not have a licence to be out on the water in the control of any vessel. 

PWC users under NSW maritime law have to maintain a 300m distance from dolphins and other marine mammals.

Hopefully these guys are found and have their licences revoked and craft seized.
Sad that these people are giving the rest of us PWC users who do the right thing on the water a bad reputation.

Edited by Larkin
  • Like 1

Should be more Police patrols to stop these idiots.

In 2001 the NSW Government banned Jetskis from Sydney Harbour.

The complaints were about noise and hoon behaviour.

The fine is $500 first offence & $750 second offence.

Some watercraft are also banned.

They should be castrated ( hopefully before they have bred )🤣

Guess which one of the two ( Dolphins or clowns on water bikes ) has the higher IQ🤣

I have seen them harassing people at patonga - little kids trying to swim in the shallows near the ramp , the day we were there one tool was flying in and trying to spray people on the beach but in all his excitement he didn’t see the police boat slowly motoring in through the moored boats - they got this tool and booked him and you should have heard the applause from the people on the beach ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

Jetski Hoons are Common, on any water way that permits them. A few do the right thing but majority do not. 

Hi Dave,

You might be right as you spend a lot more time on the water than I do. I'd like to think that most people do the right thing and we only notice the few who do not. To me PWC look like a lot of fun but have the potential to do a lot of damage in the wrong hands.

Cheers

GG

• Like 1

A bit off topic but I was a Pogues fan as a teenager back in the eighties. I had a bit of a crush on Kirsty MacColl at the time. Years later I was saddened when i heard she was tragically killed when a speedboat drove over her dive site in Mexico. Every time I see or hear off a motor craft do something dangerous on the water I think of that beautiful, kind woman with that wonderful voice. What a waste.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/20/2022 at 7:10 PM, Ganguddy Goodoo said:

A bit off topic but I was a Pogues fan as a teenager back in the eighties. I had a bit of a crush on Kirsty MacColl at the time. Years later I was saddened when i heard she was tragically killed when a speedboat drove over her dive site in Mexico. Every time I see or hear off a motor craft do something dangerous on the water I think of that beautiful, kind woman with that wonderful voice. What a waste.

It is in a similar vein to why a PWC license was brought in for operating jetskis on the water, prior to that you only needed a boat license, however after rising incidents involving jetskis on waterways due to a lot to do with how a lot of people operate them PWC became a thing.  I can remember of an incident early 2000s , where on the Gold coast,  with a newly wed couple where the wife was in the water and the husband struck her with the jetski he was operating and killed her.

• Sad 1

Again a bit off topic, one of my favourite songs of all time "Fairytail of New York" With The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl.

I play it a lot around Christmas.

Now back on subject ....... Bloody Morons.

I like the Pogues too. bn

• Like 1