Your Choice

Clanch2006

Hi Team:

Your valued opinions are keenly sought:

Allycraft 4.55m CC, TABS 4.55m CC, Seafarer V-Sea 474, Haines V17C, Seafarer Viking

Application: Port Phillip Bay Melbourne

Points of Interest: Min HP required per model, any known broaching characteristics, fishing deck space, performance through chop

Smelly

personal opinion..... i would take the haines v17c any day. handle well. good stable boat, exceptionally well built. only point to note is being a half cabin, they tend to be bum heavy so if its got a big outboard, make sure you load the gear up the front. finally, tilt and trim is imperative on these boats so you can alter due to the conditions. i think they are weel priced and whilst not as popular as aluminium hulls, it should give you many years of action if it is/ and has been well looked after. hope that helps.

cheers

:thumbup:

i am a bit lost myself. whom told you that they were unstable???? the best thing to do is put the boat in the water and try it out. any reasonable seller/dealer would let you do this before you part with your hard earned. see which boat YOU feel fits to your needs the best. thats the best advice i could offer to you. at the end of the day, boating has a lot to do with personal opinions and sometimes anothers ideal boat or opinion might not suit or agree with anothers. (bit like cars really). find the one that suits you the best.

good luck with it.

cheers

:thumbup: