Potential lockout at Mona Vale

@XD351 some of the comments on the petition are very entertaining!

”the whole coast should be a marine reserve”, “marauding rock fishers flagrantly devastating the ecology”….

Hard to pick a favourite but “Forces from the South are angling to concrete Pittwater, put up high rise and turn it into a concrete heaven in the eyes of developers, government sponsored corporate greed!” really says a lot!

Notwithstanding my opposition to the topic it is good to see kids getting involved and trying to make change. I thought the young girl spoke very well. Ultimately though I think fishers care about the water and environment more than most of the “city greens” and it’s great to hear a sensible council - a far cry from the no-nuclear no-highway no-maccas green councils we have over in the inner west.

• Like 1

When I lived at Bilgola Plateau, the ratepayers received two parking  permits for the whole of the Northern Beaches.

Don't know if that still exists.

We had peacefull Council's in those days.

I remember when I needed an alteration done & approval's took for ever.

But a bottle of Scotch did the trick.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

These days if you handed them a bottle of scotch they would call you a barbarian🤣

Sorry we only except :

Penfolds Bin 60A Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon Barossa Shiraz 1962

and yes I had to look that up:074:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Fried Rice said:

Yes that last bloke absolutely hammered them. It was blissful to watch. 🤣

Yeah Justin Duggan-flyfishing guide, good bloke and very articulate when it comes to defending fishing

• Like 3

On 6/29/2023 at 9:36 AM, XD351 said:

Fishos are the real conservationist , the rest are just blow ins

Hunters tend to do more for conservation than fishos, unless your sole target is carp. As a fisherman I acknowledge that I take native fish from the environment but do so at a sustainable level. As a hunter I remove only introduced species from the environment which benefits the native Flora and Fauna.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fried Rice said:

Hunters tend to do more for conservation than fishos, unless your sole target is carp. As a fisherman I acknowledge that I take native fish from the environment but do so at a sustainable level. As a hunter I remove only introduced species from the environment which benefits the native Flora and Fauna.

Fair point. Probably a lot more anglers than hunters too Fried Rice. We responsible fishers/hunters can only be responsible for what we do. I have often quoted the saying "you can only change somebody who is willing to change". This applies across the board. There are irresponsible people in all walks of life.

One thing we should all agree on is that conservation is essential if we are going to leave a legacy for the future.

Cheers,   bn

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fried Rice said:

I was really referring to the tree huggers and those that hide behind the word conservation to get everything locked up . I used to be a shooter and know first hand the importance of controlling the pest species that have been introduced to this land . 

• Like 2