Yep The Kingies Are Still Around In Sydney Harbour

Evanwz

Well they're still about - boated 3 kingies today around the Sydney heads - 1 x 70cm, 2 x 65cm... nice fight and great to eat fresh. A few nearby boats caught maybe 6 or more in the space of an hour or so.

It appeared very quiet at the East Wedding Cake and the marker at Quarantine Pt.

Chatted to a guy on the way in who had bagged a few smaller Dollies - so they're around but not enormous.

Good luck to all

Evan

Well they're still about - boated 3 kingies today around the Sydney heads - 1 x 70cm, 2 x 65cm... nice fight and great to eat fresh. A few nearby boats caught maybe 6 or more in the space of an hour or so.

It appeared very quiet at the East Wedding Cake and the marker at Quarantine Pt.

Chatted to a guy on the way in who had bagged a few smaller Dollies - so they're around but not enormous.

Good luck to all

Evan

Hope you don't mind me asking BUT..... were you trolling, downrigging with squid or what? I spent hours this morning trolling around North Head and up to Blufish Point and all I got was a couple of greedy slimies. Better than last time I fished there though 'cause I had a little ABU lever drag and power tip rod pulled out of its holder never to be seen again.

Reeltired.

:mad3:

Hope you don't mind me asking BUT..... were you trolling, downrigging with squid or what? I spent hours this morning trolling around North Head and up to Blufish Point and all I got was a couple of greedy slimies. Better than last time I fished there though 'cause I had a little ABU lever drag and power tip rod pulled out of its holder never to be seen again.

Reeltired.

:mad3:

G'day

See my post from last Saturday - fresh squid, not bought from a servo and not fresh caught, drifting or sitting at anchor, bait on the bottom then cranked up a few turns. I'm new to this but 2 outings and 6 x 65cm+ kingies boated between 2 of us each time - nothing fancy in the fishing, no trolling, no downrigging, basic dropper/paternoster style rigs with 6/0s, size 4 or 6 sinkers and good squid - worked for me but I can't tell you why.

Good luck with it - caught them around 9am so it wasn't a 4am outing either.

Evan