Nothing Doing Here

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Thought I would at last canvass some likely spots for a night fish sometime this week , so i jumped on the pushie , and headed for the Sand.

There were 6 People fishing at Badgers , and Immediately one could see the Joint was like a washing machine , and with the current running so fast , it was impossible to hold bottom.

I was going to ride up to the lagoon and check out the changes since I last fished it , but thought better of it because the wind was gusting to about 15 knotts , and the Ozzies were about to chase 218 odd in the One Dayer , so I gave up and headed home.

Today is Just as bad wind wise , so I have put the Gear back in the Garage and will await a change in the conditions.

It never Fails to Amaze me , that when you wheck the Bom or Weatherzone Site , according to them , Taree Airport has a 4 knott N/easter blowing , but here on the Beach proper , its more like 20 knotts .

I have learnt to just walk accross the road and look towards the Old Bar Airport and check the WINDSOCK there .

If its horizontal , watch a movie , if it reasonably limp and fluttering , then Grab the gear and go for it , this is what works for me.

My old mate from Wingham got fed up with driving all the way out here to fing it blowing a gale , when Weatherzone called it 5Knotts , so he would ring me before he planned his night.

But , having said that , one of the oddities of fishing here is , the wind normaly drops quite sharply once the sun goes down , wierd eh .

Mick