Looking For A First

outdoordan

G'Day all,

Went for a run down to IC this morning with Ianoc69 with high hopes and expectations of running into my first bream on plastics, also it was a good chance for a run in of my 21st B'Day pressie, a tournament T-Curve 6'6 and Twin power 1000.(thanks honey) :thumbup:

The morning started well with a small lizard and ianoc69 picking up two under sized bream in the first hour, followed by a nice bream of about 27-28cm and a few more little flatties. Then moving over to the bridge saw me pick up a little flounder, but the bream still illuded me :thumbdown:

The rest of the morning was fairly uneventfull, as the tide peaked and began to fall, a few hits kept us interested but failed to hook anything, although lost a few tails due to the resident chopper tailor's aggressive feeding habits

We pulled up stumps at about 9ish still pleased with the days events and even more eager to catch up with my first bream on plastics..... and soon.

Dan

G'Day all,

Went for a run down to IC this morning with Ianoc69 with high hopes and expectations of running into my first bream on plastics, also it was a good chance for a run in of my 21st B'Day pressie, a tournament T-Curve 6'6 and Twin power 1000.(thanks honey) :thumbup:

The morning started well with a small lizard and ianoc69 picking up two under sized bream in the first hour, followed by a nice bream of about 27-28cm and a few more little flatties. Then moving over to the bridge saw me pick up a little flounder, but the bream still illuded me :thumbdown:

The rest of the morning was fairly uneventfull, as the tide peaked and began to fall, a few hits kept us interested but failed to hook anything, although lost a few tails due to the resident chopper tailor's aggressive feeding habits

We pulled up stumps at about 9ish still pleased with the days events and even more eager to catch up with my first bream on plastics..... and soon.

Dan

Awesome fun - as always to have a flick

Great company with Dan and the T curve - magic bit of gear

Dont worry mate the bream will come very soon and fingers crossed very BIG

Cant wait to catch up again for another session

G'Day,

I finally found my bream. I went down to IC again this morning for a 2 hour flick before work.

Not much luck for the first hour or so, then as the tide began to rise, :bump0ee: and i was on!

Just a little 30cm flattie, although it rasied my spirits a little. then several casts later i was rewarded with another lizard of roughly the same size,and then another, all within a 10 minute period and all caught on watermelon 2" minow grubs.

Then moving around to the bridge i noticed a few small mullet near the pillon, , i tried a 3"

minow, hoping to imitate one and intice any hungary predators near by. but had no luck. :(

Moving down a bit further down, i continued my assult but my quiet spell continued, not even a touch.

The sun was getting higher and with fear of being late for work i decided to pull stumps. but as i was walking past the bridge, i noticed the school of tiny mullet (which i spyed earlier) flee across the surface. With one swift movment, I opened the bail arm and sent my 3" evil minow soaring, landing it 1 metre or so passed the disterbance on the water. I just managed to get the bail arm closed when unexpectedly the rod buckled. Setting the hook ,line then started peeling from my Twin Power 1000.

After nearly being wrapped around the pillon, the fight was fought and one with my first bream on a lure at my feet :yahoo: . After measurments the fish was released. It came in at 27cms to the fork, which also happens to be my pb, as you could imagine i had a smile well in access of 27cms :thumbup:

Thanks Dan

G'Day,

I finally found my bream. I went down to IC again this morning for a 2 hour flick before work.

Not much luck for the first hour or so, then as the tide began to rise, :bump0ee: and i was on!

Just a little 30cm flattie, although it rasied my spirits a little. then several casts later i was rewarded with another lizard of roughly the same size,and then another, all within a 10 minute period and all caught on watermelon 2" minow grubs.

Then moving around to the bridge i noticed a few small mullet near the pillon, , i tried a 3"

minow, hoping to imitate one and intice any hungary predators near by. but had no luck. :(

Moving down a bit further down, i continued my assult but my quiet spell continued, not even a touch.

The sun was getting higher and with fear of being late for work i decided to pull stumps. but as i was walking past the bridge, i noticed the school of tiny mullet (which i spyed earlier) flee across the surface. With one swift movment, I opened the bail arm and sent my 3" evil minow soaring, landing it 1 metre or so passed the disterbance on the water. I just managed to get the bail arm closed when unexpectedly the rod buckled. Setting the hook ,line then started peeling from my Twin Power 1000.

After nearly being wrapped around the pillon, the fight was fought and one with my first bream on a lure at my feet :yahoo: . After measurments the fish was released. It came in at 27cms to the fork, which also happens to be my pb, as you could imagine i had a smile well in access of 27cms :thumbup:

Thanks Dan

Woooooohoooooo Dan ,nice one at 27 cms ,now for a 30 and beyond .Congratulations on a great milestone

Cheers Swordfisherman