Sydney Kings

netic

Went out today as i do every sunday looking for kings in the harbour, after being at Jervis Bay for the last 3 days without the boat even touching the water due to rough weather i was dyin to get some bigger kings, caught 5 squid before sunup and then went to the yellow marker inside quarentine, downrigged for around 30 minutes and picked up 2 rats, 42cm and 47cm. Saw plenty of other boats also getting these rats.

Dying for a good fight we then went to the western wedding cake and downrigged for 30 minutes without a touch.

Decided to try the eastern cake and there was around 15 boats there but decided to try and downrig anyway, after 1 minute got hit and boated a 74cm king, Then boated another 2 in the next 20 minutes, 62cm and 82cm, good to see there are some healthy sizes still in the water.

all kings went back in except for the 62cm which i promised to zorba from High Tide (2ue).

The one bad thing about the day was the extremely high number of fisho's keeping undersize kings, no word of a lie, i must of seen at least 15 clearly undersized kings caught and placed in the boat to never return to the water.

I had an argument with a guy at the yellow marker over keeping undersize fish and i was so close to jumping out of my boat and kicking the shit out of him.

The rats that they were keeping were max 50cm, it was clearly obvious they were undersized, i wish the fisheries dept would get there fingers out of their ass's and start policing this.

anyway other than that it was a good day, with some good fights..

glad to hear you got into a few, and yes i agree that the fisheries policing is a joke, surely they would be patroling the waterways alot more during summer checking catches but sadly not, i havent seen a fisheries boat on the Hawkesbury for months.

Hi Netic,

Well done on the Kingies.

The fisheries were around yesterday at the yellow marker near Quarantine station. From what I saw yesterday the guys fishing near the quarantine station seemd to be playing by the rules as far as size goes, but everyday brings new idiots I suppose.

David

well done on the kingies, how deep were you on the down rigger?

fisheries are definatly undermaned, i can honestly say i have never had my catch checked in all my time on the bay. I don't blame them as much as i blame the govt. for not supplying the resources needed.

maybe they should give the fishcare volenteers the power to check catches and record details of undersized fish.

Well done on the kings again Netic, I had a fun day with them last week, will post a report. As for the Fisheries, they were out last time I saw them, during the week, which is not that productive if they want to catch anyone, you'd think Sat or Sunday would be the time to check with the amount of boats out there. They asked for my license and if I caught any fish, I think they caught one guy who didnt have a license, but there were only 4 boats out there all morning anyway.

maybe they should give the fishcare volenteers the power to check catches and record details of undersized fish.

That's a good idea...but the only thing is that would they have the rights/training to demand ID from irate weekend fishos?

Was out at Narrabeen early this morning and found a couple of guys keeping everything they caught (including toads :wacko: ). Had a chat to them about the fact that some of the fish were too small and the fact that toads were POISONOUS but they told me to bugger off and mind my own business. Annoying thing was that they were getting into some decent bream as well so they didn't need to keep those little ones :1badmood: .

:mad3:

That's a good idea...but the only thing is that would they have the rights/training to demand ID from irate weekend fishos?

Was out at Narrabeen early this morning and found a couple of guys keeping everything they caught (including toads :wacko: ). Had a chat to them about the fact that some of the fish were too small and the fact that toads were POISONOUS but they told me to bugger off and mind my own business. Annoying thing was that they were getting into some decent bream as well so they didn't need to keep those little ones :1badmood: .

next time jump the boat and let me know as well ,i dont mind to kick someones ars for taking undersized fish .if everyone would do it there will be nothing left for generations to come....

i did a walk today at long reef platform (collaroy) and saw people fishing for all sizes of parot fish and some butchers nightmare .not that i would eat them but as answer to my question i got just the middle finger as the plate on the entrance says clearly something about marine park and no collecting signs,so what are they doing with sea urchins and collecting snails and other things in their bucket.... :mad3:

well i dont speak mandarin....but someone has to stop them

i am getting realy agro with those idiots....

well done the kings anyway.good to hear that someone releases som big kings for insuring the next generation.

again well done :1clap:

Well done on the Kingies, I have to agree with Mr Fantastico on the releasing of non required fish.

The problem with the morons that keep undersize fish is that the greens can use this as an argument for more marine parks and further limit where we can fish. :1badmood:

How's their form? :mad3:

well done on the kingies, how deep were you on the down rigger?

fisheries are definatly undermaned, i can honestly say i have never had my catch checked in all my time on the bay. I don't blame them as much as i blame the govt. for not supplying the resources needed.

Mate at the wedding cakes i would have one down at about 18ft and another at around 22ft

Everyone gets upset with people keeping undersize fish whether they are Kings ,Bream doesn't matter. Making threats about kicking their arses on the internet does NOTHING to solve the problem.

Please refrain from making threatening posts on my forum it's against the rules.

Taking a persons boat registration & report them or call the fisheries hotline.