Furuno 620 Problem

humesy

G'day,

I recently bought the 620 and am very happy with it apart from one problem. The triducer is transom mounted and is not staying in position as soon as I am on the plane. It pushes upwards and I lose readings of the bottom. The mounting bracket does not seem to provide any mechanism for adjusting the tightness.

I have tried tying cable ties between the sensor and the bracket retaining cover but the cover does not lock into place strongly enough to hold the sensor in place. Other solutions I have thought of include drilling a small hole from the side of the cover, next to the pivot and inserting a pin through the hole. The other potential is to fill area around the pivot with silicone. Both solutions are far from ideal.

Has anyone encountered this problem and can anyone offer a solution.

Many thanks

G'day,

I recently bought the 620 and am very happy with it apart from one problem. The triducer is transom mounted and is not staying in position as soon as I am on the plane. It pushes upwards and I lose readings of the bottom. The mounting bracket does not seem to provide any mechanism for adjusting the tightness.

I have tried tying cable ties between the sensor and the bracket retaining cover but the cover does not lock into place strongly enough to hold the sensor in place. Other solutions I have thought of include drilling a small hole from the side of the cover, next to the pivot and inserting a pin through the hole. The other potential is to fill area around the pivot with silicone. Both solutions are far from ideal.

Has anyone encountered this problem and can anyone offer a solution.

Many thanks

Thats a common problem with that transducer. A small self tap screw in each side will fix the problem. Some do some don't....must be a moulding issue.

C.

Hi humesy ,

Are you sure that you are pushing the transducer down enough so it is locking in place ? or maybe the screws or bolts you used are stopping it from locking down ?

I have 2 transducers both airmars and are both fine . just check to make sure you put it together correctly.

Cheers John ....