New boat battery

night_rider

Hey Raiders,

I found time yesterday afternoon to pull out the batteries and inspect them in the Striker.

Turns out I've got 2x SuperCharge car batteries, they're both sitting in battery boxes, but I'm a little dubious about one, I suspect it is on the way out as the Battery isolator switch flashes tell me the aux battery is faulty.. Is the standard "fully charged" Voltage 12.84 for all batteries or does it vary?

The two batters are:

N70ZZL - CCA660 RCMin 160

SMF - N70ZZX CCA600 RCMin135

The circuit they are running on has an electronic Dual battery isolator with a separate manual switch.. I can't work out why it has an electronic isolator + the manual switch...

A friend has just offered me an odyssey PC1700MJT which has a max pulse of 1700, CCA 875, MCA 1175.

I'm not overly confident in interpreting what the ratings mean to confirm it would be suitable.. I've looked up the AGM battery, they are $675 new!

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark,

Just get yourself a couple of Century Marine batteries ... Just check the CCA ratings "Cold Crankng Amps" ( the higher the better ) roughly around the $200 -$250 mark each ......

Just get yourself a couple of Century Marine batteries ... Just check the CCA ratings "Cold Crankng Amps" ( the higher the better ) roughly around the $200 -$250 mark each ......

I just picked up a Century Marine battery on Saturday CCA 620. And also got a ridiculous bargin for a charger. Picked up a Ctek 7 Amp from Repco for $150. These are easily over $200.

I just picked up a Century Marine battery on Saturday CCA 620. And also got a ridiculous bargin for a charger. Picked up a Ctek 7 Amp from Repco for $150. These are easily over $200.

I actually saw these yesterday, but wasn't sure if it was a good one or not.... Regret not buying it now ha. Might have to run back this arvo!

I tested both SCA batteries and they were holding 12.x Volts, so they're not stuffed per say, but am going to switch over to the AGM battery as my starter.

Thanks guys!

Sorry, I should clarify that,get a battery load tester. It puts a load on the batteries and it will allow you to check the state of them, I check mine about twice a year, you should always have the batteries on a trickle charge.