Lures and baits

Gatte

Hey guys,

Pretty new to the site and fishing scene and was looking for some help. I was wondering what recommendations you all had for soft plastics, which ones work well for you and what sizes. I'm land based on the central coast and haven't tried too many different kinds but haven't had much luck with the few I have.

Also, I'm trying to locate a promising area for some live baits. Preferably squid, mullet and yakkas if anyone knows some places accessible by foot.

Thanks everyone and happy fishing

Gatts

Well I'm not too fussy. Fishing from the shore around Brisbane water and avoca lake and would mostly be after bream and flathead, but anything else that goes trough those parts as well would be more than welcome on my line. :)

Well I'm not too fussy. Fishing from the shore around Brisbane water and avoca lake and would mostly be after bream and flathead, but anything else that goes trough those parts as well would be more than welcome on my line. :)

60-80mm Wriggler in natural colours for bream.

Bigger (if you want bigger fish!) grub style in pink or chartruese for flatties OR anything that looks like a mullet!

But live bait is BEST if you're after the big crocs and jews...