Fishing Out Of Greenwell Pt

Bloo62

Hi Guys,

Heading down with my father and my 2 boys to Greenwell Pt for a couple of days next week. Haven't fished out of there for over 25 years, so my memory is a little hazy and obviousy GPS was not heard of back then.

Does anyone have any likely spots for us to try?

Have a boat capable of going outside, so any GPS marks you are happy to give out or suggestions of where to try outside - or inside in case the weather is not good for an outside trip - would be appreciated.

Also any suggestions on a good tackle/bait shop??

cheers,

Bloo

If you can navigate through a pretty weedy little chanel into Comerong Bay then there are a couple of quite productive spots.

On a run in tide you can get a good drift straight up next to the first little sand spit as you get into the bay. This has given me some of the biggest flatties I have caught but you only get a couple each time.

Further in is the remnants of leases that still give up some nice bream.

Dave

post-2626-1165636875_thumb.gif

Hi Bloo,

OK........Glad you have a gps! Here you go.

For flatties along the beach off the surf club...34-49-420/150-48-670

For reef try Nowra Hill reef...34-53-170/150-48-590

If you want to venture out to the Banks for tuna, kings,etc...34-56-800/150-55-480

If it's too rough to go outside you could also drive over to Honeymoon Bay and put the boat in and fish for reddies off Longnose Point in Jervis Bay. This is a good spot if the noreaster is howling and it has been producing some very good fish lately. Fishes best very late arvo or first up in the morning. If you go late in the arvo take some squid jigs for just after dark 100m off the honeymoon ramp. Usually plenty there.

That should keep you busy get you a good feed!

Good luck,

Stallo