Blackhead Easter Monday

steze

I snuck out today with my dad to fish. Weather was okay but the swell was quite dangerous. Had a couple of falls and dodged a couple of big waves but it wasnt life threatening. Anyway after a couple of quite hours, just after sunrise something really big took my line and fought really really hard. Because i was standing quite far from the edge i had to think twice about where i had to stand to bring it up. Luckily i had heavy line and didnt have to worry about it snapping. Finally it came up and it was a massive bonito. Personal best for me, my friend bought a scale and it weighed about 4kgs. In length it was about 70cm. My personal best. The trip was worth it even though i have an assignment due tomorow and i havent started.

dsc00245pa.jpg

Top fish Steze

I believe that fish is a tie with the current raider record.

I just found the post and yes it is tie with the current raider record. im so happy :)

Edited by steze

Well done Steve thats a nice fish :thumbup:

I went spinning in yesterday arvo and went Tailor fishing last night. I caught 6 Salmon spinning which i thru back in and caught 9 talior at night. i found a safe high spot to fish. The swell and wind are looking good for this weekend any plans yet mate???

Edited by Victor

Well done Steve thats a nice fish :thumbup:

I went spinning in yesterday arvo and went Tailor fishing last night. I caught 6 Salmon spinning which i thru back in and caught 9 talior at night. i found a safe high spot to fish. The swell and wind are looking good for this weekend any plans yet mate???

Hey Vic, yea it was an awesome catch. Im definitely fishing on sunday as its the pirtek fishing challenge day. What are your plans this weekend? where abouts are you planning to head of to? In regards to a safe high spot. You gota show me because at the moment i don't think anywhere is safe when swells and waves are huge. My dad got dragged about 10 metres towards the pool of water that always floods. And he was wearing rock boots as well.

Nice one man. The big bonnies went quiet for a while but are back for the time being. Were you spinning or baiting?

thanks mate, yea your exactly right. a couple of weeks back i couldnt get land any big ones but suddenly they are back. Which probably explains why blackhead is so packed out on weekends. I was using pilchards on a floatie mate. It always works for me there, ive caught kingfish, salmon and bonitos on the same setup. You can ask Victor, his been out with me there and i think its worked for him as well.

Nice fish!! Don't want to sound like a foreigner,(although I am Canadian) but where is Blackhead?

So I guess that I can just chuck out or put aside my spoons, crankbaits, etc. and buy floats, big hooks and pilchards.

Steze

In your first post you state it was quite dangerous but not life threatening ..this statement is ridiculous especially if you go and say your dad was dragged 10 mtres with rock cleats on < This is life threatening....You are tempting fate....

You need to watch a ledge for at least 30 minutes and if green water comes over it go home...If you dont you will end up like the other fatalities which lately have been a waste of lives..

Hi Lou, thank you for your concern.However, I do not appreciate you criticising my post saying things like i will end up like other fatalities. If you personally think that whatever I say in my post is ridiculous then don't bother reading it. Fishraider forums is supposed to be a friendly community and saying things like that is just unnecessary.

To Big_Muskellunge, blackhead is located in gerroa near the south coast. If you google map blackhead gerringong/gerroa then you should be able to find it. Its about an hour and a half drive from Liverpool. I use 3 x size 4 gang hooks, i find those hooks are most suitable. Sometimes i get bored and spin but i find its not as effective as using pillies. If you ever plan to head down there chuck me a pm.

Take care

Edited by steze