Deep Sea Trip

Stu Ball decided to organise a bottom bashing trip with the guys at work and 3 of us are raiders.

The crew was assembled with Mick,Reggie Rabbit,Stu,Connor,Bubby,Boxxy,Vince and myself.

The weather was great with hardly any swell and 10kts of NW wind to help us drift along.

With alvey rods and reels and a few o/heads we drifted with 3/4 lb leads 1yikes.gif I know why I dont go deep sea fishing much as my arms are killing me biggrin2.gif

The action was not fast and furious all day but we did manage a good feed of quality fish including snapper which Mick scored the largest around 2.5 kgs(nice fish mate) and Stephen got a nice one as well.

post-256-128259479112_thumb.jpg

post-256-128259479982_thumb.jpg

We scored mowies,jackets,nannygai,blue spot flathead and a few throw backs but the fish of the day that I think was a monster was Boxxys, Red Gurnard that measured 50.3 cms yahoo.gif now that breaks the existing record by at least 10cms,well done big fella.

post-256-128259480729_thumb.jpg

post-256-128259481464_thumb.jpg

post-256-128259482323_thumb.jpg

post-256-128259483328_thumb.jpg

Great day out fellas and the skip was very helpful.

Regards Stewy

George,

That particular fish is a red gurnard and has infact beaten to previous record by over 10 cms biggrin2.gif

We were fishing south around Garie beach.

Cheers Stewy

Was it Monday you were out, Me and Cungee George were out in that area as well thumbup.gif

Were you in a green boat?? if so we seen you.

Cheers Stewy

Thanks for the invite boys.Its was good to get out of the house and my mind on other things.

Stewy my arms are sore today as well fishing in 85 meters of water and draging up 3/4 pound of lead.Never shore if you have something on your line.We were lucky great weather and a bonus nobody got sea sick.Thanks again

Cheers Stephen ( Reggie the Rabbit)