Friday Arvo Botany Bay on the plastics again

tinny1

Took particular note of the weather report today and for once they were spot on fine till midday then 25-30kt SE in the afternoon, so as i usually do on Friday arvo's i take the boat into work in the morning finish up around 12.30pm and on the water by 1.30pm.Leaving Kyeemagh ramp there was absolutely no wind and it was like glass on the bay, so i was flat chat out to my spot over the weed beds near the Kurnell ramp.It was only my second cast and i was on for my 1st trevally for the day of around 35cm , i did around 4 drifts of around 20 mins each from the ramp up to the oil wharf and nearly bagged out with 16 nice Trevally averaging around the 35cm mark lost 4 at the boat .A pretty hot little session until the wind hit with such force i don't think iv'e seen in the 30 years iv'e been fishing Botany.I started to head back in pointing my 5.25m bowrider towards the cooks river entrance , i was at the start of the 1st runway when i noticed a nice big 6.5m Bayliner anchored and bobbing up and down in the big swell , the skipper waved me over and said he had a flat battery and was waiting for help from the coastal patrol.He was a little worried as he had his pregnant wife on board who didn't look real happy :1badmood: , i stayed with them for a for a short while until the Police launch arrived to help them out.Good lesson here for young players before you head out check everything even in closed waters like Botany it can get ugly real quick.Check out my dodgey phone video of my trip back to the ramp good fun woo hoo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/flickinlures#p/a/u/1/NxCTgn5e2J4

Edited by tinny1

I fished very similar times but closer to the Georges river national park, perfect conditions until around 3pm where all hell broke loose :ranting2: :ranting2: haven't owned my boat for a long time and was the first time I've been in such a situation, was very rough in my 14ft tinny, retrieving was a pain as well. Me and my brother were saying imagine how botany is now :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Good to see you did well before the wind hit.

hi

me my mrs and two kids were out yesterday on the bay perfect conditions but all we caught was a 70cm shovel nose grrr lucky for us we got back to the ramp about 2.00 how quick the weather on the bay can change very scary

:thumbup: good on you to help out, that couple woulda felt heaps better not being alone out there.

On one of our first outings to botany with a 4.5m halfcab, a similar situation hit us inside the bay, wind just picked up and got really rough! then our engine failed. we couldn't anchor and started drifting towards the rocks at trev alley. :byebye: lucky for us a dual haul passed by, we sounded the horn and they towed us to safety. .. Thank You Mr Dual Haul!!

Took particular note of the weather report today and for once they were spot on fine till midday then 25-30kt SE in the afternoon, so as i usually do on Friday arvo's i take the boat into work in the morning finish up around 12.30pm and on the water by 1.30pm.Leaving Kyeemagh ramp there was absolutely no wind and it was like glass on the bay, so i was flat chat out to my spot over the weed beds near the Kurnell ramp.It was only my second cast and i was on for my 1st trevally for the day of around 35cm , i did around 4 drifts of around 20 mins each from the ramp up to the oil wharf and nearly bagged out with 16 nice Trevally averaging around the 35cm mark lost 4 at the boat .A pretty hot little session until the wind hit with such force i don't think iv'e seen in the 30 years iv'e been fishing Botany.I started to head back in pointing my 5.25m bowrider towards the cooks river entrance , i was at the start of the 1st runway when i noticed a nice big 6.5m Bayliner anchored and bobbing up and down in the big swell , the skipper waved me over and said he had a flat battery and was waiting for help from the coastal patrol.He was a little worried as he had his pregnant wife on board who didn't look real happy :1badmood: , i stayed with them for a for a short while until the Police launch arrived to help them out.Good lesson here for young players before you head out check everything even in closed waters like Botany it can get ugly real quick.Check out my dodgey phone video of my trip back to the ramp good fun woo hoo.

http://www.youtube.c...u/1/NxCTgn5e2J4

Thanks for posting this vid tinny1