Monster shark off the beach New Record

bump73

Hi all just got back from a week up at Clifton Beach just north off Cairns and thought i'd brag about the biggest shark i've caught off a beach.

Was fishing in the late arvo and had my overhead rod setup in freespool just spiked in the sand with a ganged pilly hoping for a nice queenie or whatever was out there cruising around. Bait sat out there for about a 1/2 hour when all of a sudden it got slammed. Clicked the trusty Abu into gear and prepared for the fight of all fights, with the rod buckling and the drag screaming i fought this best for what felt like at least 45 seconds before aided by the wash i managed to beach the monster :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now i'm pretty sure it's a black tipped reef shark and looking through the record section i see that this could quite possibly be a record for bait fishing which i feel is well deserved :yahoo:

I know there is no brag mat or anything but i assure you all that it was at least 30cm and quite possibly 35cm so if Admin could kindly award me the record I will wear my badge with pride :074:

Ben

As for the rest of the trip it was pretty uneventful, managed a few small jacks and barra on fly in a couple of creeks and some permit on fly and SP's on the beach. Also had some livies hammered off the jetty at Palm Cove by either queenies or mackrel. And then just to rub it in saw a big barra crash the surface of the creek that runs through Cairns airport on the way home

post-14668-013796500 1317713028_thumb.jpg

It is with these sharks that I believe the shark shield would be very effective. Just smack the shark over the head with it. The shark shield doesn't even have to be switched on to be effective.