Suzuki DT40 1998, Servicing Lower Unit

Waldo

Hi Fishos,

Raining weather has given me an oportunity to work on my tinnie and motor,

On my last outing I noticed the water pump strugling so Ive decided to replace the impella,

Ive removed the bolts to the lower unit but cannot figure out how the shift rod disconnects from the upper body.

Any body tackled this problem and succeeded?

Stuck :wacko:

Waldo

from memory theres a pin you have to remove from shift rod its at the front of the motor under carbs ,i remember its a pain to get at ,follow your gear selector with torch and you will see it ,hope my memory good its been about 10 yeats since ive done one lol

My older dt28 had a cover for the clutch rod halfway up the housing, which when removed gives you access to the shift rod which can then be undone and removed.

Hi liv4life, Do not have a covers on the housing,

thanks for the reply,

I'll post a photo

Waldo

Success

:thumbup:

Where your shift rod connects to your clutch rod (lower half), located halfway down the housing, near hinge,

loosen the lock nut to the clutch rod,

then loosen the turnbuckle (above the lock nut) until it seperates fron the clutch rod.

Thanks for the support.

Waldo :yahoo:

Edited by Waldo

there you go a raider success ,thats what its all about ,the dt50 i know you did from the top ,sorry for giving you a bum steer but only trying to help bet you sore some stuff you had never seen while you had the mirror lol cheers dunc333