PB Bream - good session : )

PRED-ATOR

G'day Raiders,

Thursday night after work thought id work parramatta river for big bream.

Ive been trying for ages to crack a 50cm plus model.

Came pretty close with this fat fat bream it went 47cm and no joke would have been 2kg. Put up a really really good account for its self, took me around the pylons twice, I had to beach it.

Gear used:

rod Daiwa Black label

Reel daiwa freams 2000

Line 4lb fireline in orange

leader suffix 4lb FC

Lure

Squidgy Wriggler in the red/oprange colour.

I didnt hop the lure like i normally do, i just slowly retrieved it and found this worked well, smashed a few more bream but not as good as this one.

This is my new PB (which im not going to start recording) still not a 50cm model tho : (

Hope u enjoy the pics and the read,

Stan

post-16847-016355600 1348182644_thumb.jpgpost-16847-069211800 1348182657_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your PB! ANd on such light gear too. Even more so, getting it back from around the pylons!!1yikes.gif

Well done! Great fish! Bet it gave you a hard time!! Hmmm, I must try those wrigglers more often myself! biggrin2.gif

Roberta

For those of you interested, i was scaffolding the rail bridge at Minumurra just recently & on the 1st morning i saw bream that would easily hit the 50cm mark & not just 1 or 2 dozens of them i couldnt believe what i was seeing, i tried flicking all sorts of lures no good tried nippers no good even smashed up the oysters & put them on the hook not a touch, i witnessed something iv never seen before 2 of the biggest bream iv ever seen would come out from under the pylons size eachother up & smash eachothers heads together then go back under this happened a lot almost every morning, you will need a small tinnie or kyack to get to them also 100s of blackfish & big trevally under the centre pylons not to mention the big bully mullet there definately an eye opener

the photo isnt that clear but this was a pic i took from my phone of the 2 big bream fighting & the water wouldnt have been any deeper than 1.5mtrs deep in this pic

Thats awesome im going there this long weekend LOL.

i wonder why they were head butting each other?

I know theres some mega trevally and Mullet in there, the trevs there really like prawns.

You should of dived in and grabbed it bear grills style lol

thanks for the pic thats definately interesting