something different ( imo)

hellcorner

Hi Raiders, as some of you are aware, I posted this photo in another thread, and it has been suggested to submit it here. I've been meaning to do this for quite some time, but simply, just overlooked it.

I've always enjoyed fishing, and have always used bait. I decided to learn how to use soft plastics around two and a half years ago.

So around 2 years ago, I took my son fishing in middle Harbour, and while he was happy catching leather jackets on a handline, I was trying my luck with the sp. Using 6lb braid & 8lb leader, this was not what I was expecting! I asked my son to get the landing net ready, because it felt like a reasonable size fish. He netted it for me like a pro!

After a few pics of this Remora with a squidgy still in its mouth, we made sure it recovered, and let it swim away.

post-25003-0-26308700-1404044117_thumb.jpg

Amazing - you wonder what toothy creature in came into Middle Harbour with??? Definitely not somewhere I would go swimming in

Thanks for sharing

The Rev

Exactly what I was thinking! There's a big Tiger Shark somewhere in Middle Harbour that it hitched a ride in on :unsure:

Hope so fragmeister, but we'll see.

As for the fight thefisherman6784, it did have a short run, but turned and swam towards me, so it wasn't that great. Maybe it could of fought harder, but I'm not sure.

I did wonder how big it's host might of been, but I have read that they do leave their host to breed(spawn/multiply ?).

Another fish on the want to catch list

1) spangled emperor

2) remora

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol, why the hell would you add a remora on your "fish to catch list" ??? :074: You're certainly more likely to catch a spangled that's for sure