Sydney Harbour - Monday 9th Feb

fragmeister

Hi Raiders,

Took my son in law out on the harbour this morning.

Hit the harbour at 5PM with the intent of picking up some squid.

The weather prediction had changed in the last few days and we ended up with 20 knot winds out of the SSE from 5 am to 2pm

along with occasional rain spells. Water temperature was 23.5 degrees.

We tried three spots for squid that normally produce for me but we couldn't get a single one.

Without any squid I decided to hop over to Clifton Gardens for some Yakkas.

On the way we saw a little surface action which wend deep pretty quickly. Looked like small tailor to me.

The yakkas were biting but awful hard to catch so I down sized hooks and eventually boated one. They were very small ...only about 75mm

After putting 10 or so in the live tank we moved from one marker to another trying to locate the kings which we did but I couldn't tempt them with a

yakka.

Pretty ordinary day all round really.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Agree about the wind forecast jim! Worked from 1am until 10am and was going to race home put on my boat with newly fixed trailer and go do some trolling. Got home, looked at the ocean and the 20knot southerly and went to bed!

At least you got out and wet a line! Something I haven't done in 3 weeks. My goldfish are very nervous! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Agree about the wind forecast jim! Worked from 1am until 10am and was going to race home put on my boat with newly fixed trailer and go do some trolling. Got home, looked at the ocean and the 20knot southerly and went to bed!

At least you got out and wet a line! Something I haven't done in 3 weeks. My goldfish are very nervous! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

I was thinking I should have stayed in bed.

I only had about 3 hours sleep and the slow, rhythmic rocking is still with me from 8 hours in the boat ... its just about making me fall asleep at the keyboard!

Cheers

Jim

Good job for giving it a go nonetheless. Seems like the harbour activity isn't as it was a few weeks ago, darn. On another note I've been seeing a lot being caught in botany Bay recently though. Better get in there quick before it becomes emptied as I've seen a few different reports on fb pages with catches for the day with 30- 60+ bream, whiting, flatty being pulled from the Bay with some very overly defensive original posters saying either the amount of people on their boats none of anyone's business or claiming that the boat they were on had 50 people on board.... Hard to believe unless Sydney ferries have started doing fishing tours... Must be a big ass boat to believe those claims.

However I digress. Better luck next time Jim.